FORT LORAMIE — To be competitive with other area schools, Fort Loramie Local Schools will pay substitute teachers $90 per day during the 2016-17 school year.
The rate was approved by the Board of Education during its regular meeting, Aug. 15. It represents a 12.5 percent increase.
In other business, the board:
• approved the tuition rate of $5,855.01 set by the Ohio Department of Education.
• approved the purchase of a public official’s surety bond in the amount of $20,000 for Treasurer Danyel Spillers, to run through Aug. 1, 2019, at an estimated cost of no more than $75 per year.
• approved depository agreements for five years with US Bank, Osgood Bank, STAR Ohio and Fifth Third Bank.
• approved a pay rate of $20 per hour for athletic event management/supervision for those events at which the athletic director requires assistance.
• approved bus routes.
• resolved to transport two students Fort Loramie School and one to the Nicholas School by van and car, driven by a properly certified driver, because transport by bus is impractical.
• approved rental agreements of $300 each with St. Michael’s education program and the Christian education program.
• contracted with Midwest Regional Education Service Center of vision impaired services.
• approved a change in the salary schedule of John Rodgers as a result of advanced training and the issuance of salary schedules to classified personnel.
• approved Cody and Hannah Pleiman as tuition students for 2016-2017.
• contracted the Mercer Group Inc. to repair and renovate the softball field at a cost of $17,741.85.
During this meeting and a special meeting, July 29, the board approved supplemental contracts to Blake Gaier, Jacob Kitzmiller and Drew Wehrman as part-time junion high football coaches and to Josh Seger as freshman boys basketball coach.
Also during the July 29 meeting, the board approved the classified master plan for 2016-2017.