FORT LORAMIE — Members of the Fort Loramie Local Schools Board of Education approved a new lease for copiers that will save the district more than $12,300 per year.
The action came during the board’s regular meeting, Sept. 20. The lease is with Perry ProTech.
In other business, the board:
• Declared that providing transportation to Lehman Catholic High School for one student was impractical. The district will pay the family of that student the state-required minimum of $250 per year, instead.
• Accepted a donation by an anonymous church of $38.57 for the general fund.
• Approved a lease agreement with Cheer Barn for use of its property for cheer practice.
• Approved a contract with Ruhenkamp Boring and Trenching in the amount of $14,720 for the demolition of Elm Street property.
• Approved the nonroutine use of school buses by St. Michaels’ Youth Ministry for World Youth Day at New Bremen School, Oct. 19.
• Approved Daniel B. Holland and Scott D. Rodeheffer as teacher and principal evaluators as credentialed through the Ohio Teacher Evaluation and Ohio Principal Evaluation systems.
• Approved Kreg Hollenbacher, Jeanie Riethman and Kevin Wrasman as teacher evaluators as credentialed through the Ohio Teacher Evaluation System.
• Approved personnel as follows: Thomas Wisener as part-time assistant athletic director and Luke Koors as custodian, each for one year; Angie Bolin, Jeanie Riethman, Scott Rodeheffer, Laura Schmitmeyer, Amy Simon and Ellen Wehrman as mentors of new teachers; Carol Kunkler as substitute classified cafeteria worker; Jaime Quatman as Kids Korus adviser; Ryan Goldschmidt as volunteer Academia adviser; and nine substitute teachers, all for the 2016-2017 school year.
• Approved FFA attendance at the FFA national convention in Indianapolis, Oct. 19-21.
Reach the writer at 937-538-4824.