BOTKINS — During their regular meeting, Feb. 8, members of the Botkins Local Schools Board of Education approved overnight field trips for student FFA and FCCLA members and finished routine business.
The field trip approvals will permit FFA members to participate in the Ohio FFA Camp, June 6-9, and the FFA Washington Leadership Conference in June and July and FCCLA members to attend the state convention, April 27-28.
In other business, the board:
• Approved book fees for the 2017-2018 school year.
• Accepted Hailey Billing’s resignation as boys and girls junior high track coach.
• Hired Tina Paul as boys and girls junior high track coach and Josh Frilling as a substitute teacher.
• Accepted donations by the Community Club in the amount of $2,000 and by the Greve Farms in the amount of $975 to support scholarships and by Schnippel Construction in the amount of $20 to support Power of the Pen.
• Went into executive session to discuss personnel.
Reach the writer at 937-538-4824.