NEW KNOXVILLE — Following an executive session and subsequent action by the New Knoxville Board of Education during its regular meeting, June 26, the New Knoxville Local Schools superintendent will receive a 3.25 percent pay raise in fiscal year 2018.
That brings Kim Waterman’s annual salary to $103,702.24. Waterman also serves as the principal of grades kindergarten through three.
The board then voted a 6 percent raise to Jenny Fledderjohann, principal of grades 4 through 12. Her annual salary jumped to $72,345.
In other business, the board:
• Approved final fiscal year 2017 appropriations and temporary fiscal year 2018 appropriations.
• Adopted a revised five-year forecast.
• Hired Jennifer Koesters as a teacher with an annual salary of $46,360; Kaylee Shoff as a teacher and assistant soccer coach with an annual salary of $35,910; Diana Dyrness as assistant to the treasurer; Paige Lehman as junior varsity volleyball coach; Sarah Bailey as a part-time teacher and part-time one-on-one aide; and Jenny Brown as the seventh grade volleyball coach.
• Accepted resignations by Sarah Baker and Paige Lehman.
• Approved handbook revisions and board policies.
• Approved membership in the Ohio High School Athletic Association and BASA.
• Appointed Kim Waterman public records officer delegate.
• Okayed the purchase of liability, property and fleet insurance through the Southwest Ohio Educational Purchasing Council.