SIDNEY — A Caregiver Support Group is being formed in Sidney.
The group will meet the first Monday of each month from 6 to 8 p.m. at Trinity Church of the Brethren starting Feb. 3, 2020. The church is located at 2220 N. Main Ave., Sidney/
Caring for aging parents or loved ones with serious health problem can make anyone feel overwhelmed, isolated or a bit lost. Caregiver support groups provide social support with others going through or that have gone through similar struggles.
During the meetings, caregivers will:
• Be able to vent your frustrations without being judged.
• Share your successes so others can benefit.
• Get support and advice to help manage family conflict.
• Learn caregiving tips and about available resources.
• Learn and share ways to deal with challenging behaviors.
• Find out how others make time for themselves.
These meetings are provided as a free community service by Trinity Church of the Brethren. Caregivers do not have to share anything they are not comfortable sharing or attend all meetings. The two-hour meeting will include a light meal.
The facilitator for the group will be Joann Scott, director of Wilson Health Home Care & Hospice.
For more information call or text Scott at 937-694-3226.