Fire damage set at $130,000


Staff report



A house at 808 Broadway Ave. caught fire on the morning of Sunday, Jan. 24. The fire caused $130,000 damage to the structure and contents.

A house at 808 Broadway Ave. caught fire on the morning of Sunday, Jan. 24. The fire caused $130,000 damage to the structure and contents.


SIDNEY — Sidney Firefighters were dispatched to a structure fire at 2:53 a.m. Sunday at 808 Broadway Ave., Sidney, Ohio. The home is owned by Ann Batty and occupied by Amie and Joe Raines.

During the response, it was confirmed by Sidney Police officers on the scene that the home had heavy smoke coming from the interior. The occupants had evacuated the structure prior to the arrival of police officers. A box alarm was called to recall all off-duty fire personnel and mutual aid was received from Anna Fire Department for a Rapid Intervention Team (RIT).

When Sidney firefighters arrived, they found heavy smoke coming from the second floor of the home. Firefighters were able to quickly contain the flames and performed a search to confirm that all occupants and pets were accounted for. Vectren and DP&L were called to the scene to secure the utilities to the structure.

The home received heavy fire damage on the second floor. The first floor was damaged by smoke and water. Damage was estimated at $80,000 to the structure and $50,000 to the contents. Firefighters were on the scene for approximately 3 ½ hours.

The cause of the fire has been determined as accidental and electrical in nature by the Sidney/Shelby County Fire Investigation Unit.

There were no reported injuries to civilians and one firefighter suffered a minor injury during the firefighting operations.

The Raines’ are being assisted by Red Cross with lodging and other immediate needs. The occupants were alerted to the fire by smoke detectors.

A house at 808 Broadway Ave. caught fire on the morning of Sunday, Jan. 24. The fire caused $130,000 damage to the structure and contents.
http://aimmedianetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/47/2016/01/web1_SDN012416HouseFire.jpgA house at 808 Broadway Ave. caught fire on the morning of Sunday, Jan. 24. The fire caused $130,000 damage to the structure and contents.

Staff report