• Maria Stein Shrine of the Holy Relics, 2291 St. John’s Road, Maria Stein, exhibits the Halhotra Collection of art honoring Mother Teresa through December. Hours: Monday through Thursday, 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Sunday, noon to 4 p.m. Free. 419-925-4532.
• David Owsley Museum of Art at Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana, exhibits work by Edward Gorey, “Gorey’s Worlds,” which through Dec. 21. Hours: 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday; 1:30 to 4:30 p.m., Saturday and Sunday. Admission free. 765-285-5242.
• Troy-Hayner Cultural Center, 301 W. Main St., Troy, displays the Western Ohio Watercolor Society’s 2018 Juried Members Exhibition through Nov. 25. Free. 937-339-0457.
• Columbus Museum of Art, 480 E. Broad St., Columbus, exhibits, “I, Too, Sing America: The Harlem Renaissance at 100,” through Jan. 20. Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Thursday, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. General admission: $14 adults; $8 seniors 60 and older, students 18 and older; $5 students 6-17 and everyone Thursdays from 5 to 9 p.m.; children 5 and under free. Special exhibits: Members free; nonmembers $6. 614-221-6801.
• Dayton Art Institute, 456 Belmonte Park N., Dayton, exhibits “Muse: Mickalene Thomas Photographs Tete-a-tete” adult art, through Jan. 13. Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Thursday, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Sunday, noon to 5 p.m. Admission: $14 adults, $11 seniors 60 and older, students 18 and older and active military; $6 children 7 to 17; children 6 and under free. 937-223-4278.
• La Comedia Dinner Theatre, 765 W. Central Ave., Springboro, presents “Irving Berlin’s White Christmas” through Dec. 31. Tickets: $61-$75, includes dinner. Times vary. 800-677-9505.
• SKH Quest Center Martial Arts Dayton presents the 38th annual Ninja Festival today through Sunday in the Holiday Inn Dayton Fairborn, 2800 Presidential Drive, Fairborn. Workshops, demonstrations, pro shop. Meals included. Admission: $39-$49 Friday classes; $349 Saturday and Sunday events. 222.ninjafestival.com.
• Dayton Society of Arts, 48 High St., Dayton, hosts a reception from 6 to 9 p.m. to open its exhibit, “Come Together at the DSA.” 937-228-4532.
• Dutoit Gallery, 1001 E. Second St., Dayton, hosts a reception from 6 to 9 p.m. to open its exhibit o work by Ashley Jonas. 201-752-6362.
• Friends of the Dayton Metro Library present their annual book sale today from 4 to 8 p.m. and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the Dayton Convention Center, 215 E. 3rd St., Dayton. 937-333-4700.
• Human Race Theatre Company presents “An Act of God” in the Loft Theatre, 126 N. Main St., Dayton, through Nov. 18. Thursday, Friday, Saturday at 8 p.m., Tuesday, Wednesday at 7 p.m., Sunday at 2 and 7 p.m. Tickets: $25-$52 at www.ticketcenterstage.com.
• Dayton Philharmonic Orchestra performs with Jefferson Starship in concert at 8 p.m. in the Schuster Center in downtown Dayton. Tickets: $22-$82 at www.ticketcenterstage.com.
• Spaghetti Warehouse Dayton, 36 W. 5th St., Dayton, presents “The Phantom of the Festival” at 7 p.m. Tickets: $29.95 includes dinner. 937-461-3913.
• Darke County Parks hosts an old-fashioned campfire in the Shawnee Prairie Preserve, 4267 state Route 502, Greenville, at 6:30 p.m. Tall tales, songs, roasting marshmallows. Take a chair and flashlight. Advance registration required at 937-548-0165. Free.
• Amvets Post 1986, 1319 Fourth Ave., hosts a fish and chicken fry from 4 to 7 p.m. Dine in or carry out. Meals: $7.
• Edison Stagelight Players presents “Festival of Horror: An Evening with Edgar Allen Poe,” today and Saturday at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday at 3 p.m. Tickets: $7 adults, $5 students at the door. Children under 5 not admitted. 937-7778-8600.
• Dayton Art Institute, 456 Belmonte Park N., Dayton, hosts Trivia Night from 5:30 to 8 p.m. Tickets: $10 members, $20 nonmembers, includes special exhibit admission. 937-223-4278.
• Old Time Country Jamboree performs at 7 p.m. in the Spring Creek Christian Church, 63 Wiles Road. Admission: $3.
• Christian Academy Schools, 2151 W. Russell Road, hosts its annual spaghetti dinner from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. Eat in, carry out and drive through. Meals: $7 adutls, $5 children 4 to 12, children 3 and under, free. Advance orders at 492-7556.
• Darke County Fairgrounds, 800 Sweitzer St., Greenville, hosts Fall into Christmas from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Food trucks, crafts, entertainment, Santa and a petting zoo from noon to 5 p.m., horse-drawn wagon rides, prizes. Admission free. Parking $2. www.facebook.com/cremedelacreme.cakery.
• Amos Memorial Public Library, 230 E. North St, opens its exhibit of the 41st annual Ohio Watercolor Society Traveling Exhibition. The display continues through Dec. 31. Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Saturday, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Free.
• Grand Lake Health System hosts its Fall Health Fair from 8 to 11 a.m. in the Auglaize Mercer Family YMCA, 4075 Wuebker Road, Minster. Screenings, information booths, chair massages, face painting, blood tests for various fees. Admission free.419-394-6132.
• BMI Karts & Indoor Speedway, 791 E. Main St., Versailles, presents Yngwie Malmsteen in concert with Eric Loy at 6:30 p.m. Tickets: $25 at bmikarts.com.
• Wilson Health Hospice hosts a community memorial service at 2 p.m. in the Sidney First Church of the Nazarene, 1899 Wapakoneta Ave. 498-9335.
• Lock One Community Arts presents “One Night in Memphis” at 3 p.m. in the New Bremen High School Dicke Auditorium, 901 E. Monroe St., New Bremen. Tickets: $30 adults; $10 students at 567-356-2048, Western Ohio True Value in Minster, and at the door.
• Darke County Parks hosts the Down to Earth Book Club who will discuss “Gene Everlasting: A Contrary Farmer’s Thought on Living Forever,” at 6:30 p.m. in the Shawnee Prairie Preserve Nature Center, 4267 state Route 502, Greenville. Advance registration required at 937-548-0165.
• Wilson Health Auxiliary hosts a $5 jewelry sale from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., today, and from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m., Tuesday, in the Wilson Health Professional Building lower level, and a Christmas open house in the hospital gift shop today through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. 498-5390.
• New Bremen Public Library offers a class in Windows 10 Operating System at 1:30 p.m. and an after-school snack from 3 to 5 p.m. Advance registration required for class at 419-629-2158.
• New Knoxville Community Library offers a class in Windows 10 Operating System at 10:30 a.m. and a make-and-take craft for childen in fourth grade and older at 3 p.m. Advance registration required for either at 419-753-2724.
• Stallo Memorial Library in Minster offers a class in Windows 10 Operation System at 5 p.m. Advance registration required at 419-628-2925.
• Darke County Parks hosts Project FeederWatch, bird-watching, from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. today and 3 to 5 p.m., Wednesday in the Nature Center, 4267 state Route 502, Greenville. Take binoculars. Free.
• New Bremen Public Library offers story time for children up to first grade at 6:30 p.m. 419-629-2158.
• Stallo Memorial Library in Minster hosts story time at 10:30 a.m., the Lego Club for children in kindergarten and older at 3:30 p.m. and a paresentation by Heather Bruns and Krista Heckman on how to use herbs and oils at the dinner table at 6 p.m. Free.
• Botkins United Methodist Church, 115 E. State St., Botkins, hosts its annual Election Day meal and craft bazaar from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Eat in or carry out. Meals sold ala carte.
• Jackson Center United Methodist Church, 202 E. Pike St., Jackson Center, hosts its annual Election Day meal and collectibles sale from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Eat in or carry out. Meals sold ala carte. Collectibles sold for donations.
• Amvets Post 1986, 1319 Fourth Ave., hosts wing night from 4 to 7 p.m. Dine in wings, 60 cents each; carry out wings 70 cents each.
• Wittenberg University presents a question and answer session with author Seth M. Siegel at 4 p.m. in the Bayley Auditorium, 200 W. Ward St., Springfield, and the Fred R. Leventhal Family Lecture, “Let There Be Water,” by him at 7:30 p.m. in Weaver Chapel, 4 E. Campus Dr., Springfield. Free. 937-327-7363.
• New Knoxville Community Library offers a Perler bead craft for children in fourth grade and older at 3 p.m. Advance registration required at 419-753-2724.
• Stallo Memorial Library in Minster offers Coffee and Crafts for adults at 10:30 a.m. Advance registration required at 419-628-2925.
• Ball State University presents performances by contestants in the hastings International piano concerto Competition, today through Nov. 11 and a concert by Roman Kosyakov at 7:30 p.m. today in Sursa Hall, 2000 W. University Ave., Muncie, Indiana. Contestant performance times have not been scheduled. Admission is free. Tickets for Kosyakov concert: $35 adults, $10 Ball State students at 765-285-1539.
• New Bremen Public Library offers story time for children up to first grade at 10:30 a.m., Lego robotics for children in fourth grade and older at 3:30 p.m. and a family-oriented break out game and puzzle event from 4 to 7 p.m. Advance registration required for robotics and break-out at 419-629-2158.
• Dayton Art Institute, 456 Belmonte Park N., Dayton, presents the Central State University Jazz Ensemble in concert at 5:30 p.m. Tickets: $8 nonmembers; members free. 937-223-4278.
Compiled by Patricia Ann Speelman. Submit event notices to firstname.lastname@example.org.