• Maria Stein Shrine of the Holy Relics, 2291 St. John’s Road, Maria Stein, exhibits the Halhotra Collection of art honoring Mother Teresa through December. Hours: Monday through Thursday, 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Sunday, noon to 4 p.m. Free. 419-925-4532.
• David Owsley Museum of Art at Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana, exhibits work by Edward Gorey, “Gorey’s Worlds,” which through Dec. 21. Hours: 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday; 1:30 to 4:30 p.m., Saturday and Sunday. Admission free. 765-285-5242.
• Troy-Hayner Cultural Center, 301 W. Main St., Troy, displays the Western Ohio Watercolor Society’s 2018 Juried Members Exhibition through Nov. 25. Free. 937-339-0457.
• Columbus Museum of Art, 480 E. Broad St., Columbus, exhibits, “I, Too, Sing America: The Harlem Renaissance at 100,” through Jan. 20. Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Thursday, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. General admission: $14 adults; $8 seniors 60 and older, students 18 and older; $5 students 6-17 and everyone Thursdays from 5 to 9 p.m.; children 5 and under free. Special exhibits: Members free; nonmembers $6. 614-221-6801.
• Dayton Art Institute, 456 Belmonte Park N., Dayton, exhibits “Muse: Mickalene Thomas Photographs Tete-a-tete” adult art, through Jan. 13. Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Thursday, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Sunday, noon to 5 p.m. Admission: $14 adults, $11 seniors 60 and older, students 18 and older and active military; $6 children 7 to 17; children 6 and under free. 937-223-4278.
• La Comedia Dinner Theatre, 765 W. Central Ave., Springboro, presents “Irving Berlin’s White Christmas” through Dec. 31. Tickets: $61-$75, includes dinner. Times vary. 800-677-9505.
• Human Race Theatre Company presents “An Act of God” in the Loft Theatre, 126 N. Main St., Dayton, through Nov. 18. Thursday, Friday, Saturday at 8 p.m., Tuesday, Wednesday at 7 p.m., Sunday at 2 and 7 p.m. Tickets: $25-$52 at www.ticketcenterstage.com.
• Amos Memorial Public Library, 230 E. North St, exhibits the 41st annual Ohio Watercolor Society Traveling Exhibition through Dec. 31. Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Saturday, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Free.
• Holy Angels Church Outreach Committee hosts its sixth annual Fair Trade and More Christmas Boutique from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. today and from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saturday, in the Ross Historical Center, 201 N. Main Ave. Admission is free.
• Amvets Post 1986, 1319 Fourth Ave., hosts a fish and chicken fry from 4 to 7 p.m. Dine in or carry out. Meals: $7.
• Sidney Alive presents the Reason for the Season Lighting Ceremony on the courtsquare at 6:30 p.m. and the Winter Wonderland Parade through downtown Sidney at 7:30 p.m. Free.
• Gateway Arts Council, 216 N. Miami Ave., hosts a reception to open its exhibit, “Loose Threads and Sanded Edges,” furniture by Gene Hoellrich and quilts by the Loose Threads Quilt Club, from 6 to 8 p.m. Exhibit continues Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. through Jan. 4. Free. 498-2787.
• Big Brothers Big Sisters of Shelby and Darke County, 121 E. North St., hosts an open house from 6 to 9 p.m.
• Shelby County Trustees and Fiscal Officers host a turkey dinner, open to the public, at 6:30 p.m. in St. Michael’s Hall in Fort Loramie. Tickets: $10 at the door.
• Western Ohio Personal Safety/Firearm Training Group offers training to meet Ohio licensure to carry a concealed handgun, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the Clark County Sheriff’s Office, 120 N. Fountain Ave., Springfield. Advance registration required at 937-878-1467. Fee: $75 per student.
• Clark State Performing Arts Center, 300 S. Fountain Ave., Springfield, presents Thompson Square in concert at 8 p.m. Tickets: $46 and up at www.thompsonsquare.com.
• Today is the deadline to register for Wild Art, a painting class for people 13 and older scheduled for Sunday at Brukner Nature Center, 5995 Horseshoe Bend Road, Troy. Paint a picture of snowy owls. Fee: $35. 937-698-6493.
• Miami County YMCA Robinson Branch, 3060 S. county Road 25A, Troy, hosts a Saturday Night Live event for children in kindergarten through sixth grade from 7 to 11:30 p.m. Swimming, games, bounce house, pizza. Fee: $10 members, $16 non members. 937-440-9622.
• Brukner Nature Center, 5995 Horseshoe Bend Road, Troy, hosts View from the Vista, birdwatching, from 2 to 4 p.m. 937-698-6493.
• Dayton Philharmonic Orchestra performs a concert at 5 p.m. in the Tabernacle Baptist Church, 380 S. Broadway St., Dayton. Free.
• Today is the deadline for children in kindergarten through sixth grade to register for a two-day day camp scheduled for Nov. 21 and Nov. 23, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., in the Miami County YMCA branches in Piqua and Tipp City. Swimming, skating, games, field trip to Jumpy’s. Fee: $20 members, $26 nonmembers. 937-773-9622.
• Brukner Nature Center, 5995 Horseshoe Bend Road, Troy, presents a Wild Journeys talk by Tom Hissong, “Alaska: Cruising the Inside Passage.” at 7 p.m. Admission: Members free; nonmembers $5. 937-698-6493.
• La Comedia Dinner Theatre, 765 W. Central Ave., Springboro, presents “Christmas with the Hoppers” at 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. Tickets: $42-44, includes lunch or dinner. 800-677-9505.
• New Bremen Public Library offers a class, “Windows 10 Operating System,” at 10:30 a.m. and Move and Groove to the Music for children in kindergarten through third grade. Advance registration required for either at 419-629-2158.
• New Knoxville Community Library offers Game Adventures for all ages from 3 to 7 p.m. and a class, “Windows 10 Operating System,” at 5 p.m. Advance registration required for either at 419-753-2724.
• Stallo Memorial Library in Minster offers a Thanksgiving craft today, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday ad Saturday all day, a class, “Windows 10 Operating System,” today at 1:30 p.m. and the YA Book Club for children in grades six through eight at 6:30 p.m. Advance registration required for Windows class and book club at 419-628-2925.bn
• Darke County Parks hosts Project FeederWatch, bird-watching, from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. today and 3 to 5 p.m., Wednesday in the Nature Center, 4267 state Route 502, Greenville. Take binoculars. Free.
• New Bremen Public Library offers story time for children up to first grade at 6:30 p.m. 419-629-2158.
• Stallo Memorial Library in Minster hosts story time at 10:30 a.m.
• Darke County Parks hosts a naturalist-led hike, Full Beaver-Moon Hike, in Shawnee Prairie preserve, 4267 state Route 502, Greenville, at 5:30 p.m. Take a flashlight. Free. 937-548-0165.
• Amvets Post 1986, 1319 Fourth Ave., hosts wing night from 4 to 7 p.m. Dine in wings, 60 cents each; carry out wings 70 cents each.
• The First Presbyterian Church, 202 N. Miami Ave., hosts the 12th annual Turkey Trot 5K to End Hunger at 8:30 a.m. Register at www.sidneyfirstpres.org.
• 10th annual Harmony for Ohio Foundation Turkey Trot 5K opens registration at 8 a.m. at Minster High School, 100 E. 7th St., Minster. https://runscore.runsignup.com/Race/OH/Minster/8thAnnualHarmonyforOhioFoundationTurkeyTrot5k.
• The 13th annual Thanksgiving Fellowship is at the Minster Knights of Columbus Hall, 40 N. Main St., Minster. Doors open at 11 a.m. Free meal from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Advance reservations appreciated but not required at 419-628-1328.
Compiled by Patricia Ann Speelman. Submit event notices to firstname.lastname@example.org.