• Maria Stein Shrine of the Holy Relics, 2291 St. John’s Road, Maria Stein, exhibits the Halhotra Collection of art honoring Mother Teresa through December. Hours: Monday through Thursday, 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Sunday, noon to 4 p.m. Free. 419-925-4532.
• David Owsley Museum of Art at Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana, exhibits work by Edward Gorey, “Gorey’s Worlds,” which through Dec. 21. Hours: 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday; 1:30 to 4:30 p.m., Saturday and Sunday. Admission free. 765-285-5242.
• Troy-Hayner Cultural Center, 301 W. Main St., Troy, displays the Western Ohio Watercolor Society’s 2018 Juried Members Exhibition through Sunday. Free. 937-339-0457.
• Columbus Museum of Art, 480 E. Broad St., Columbus, exhibits, “I, Too, Sing America: The Harlem Renaissance at 100,” through Jan. 20. Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Thursday, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. General admission: $14 adults; $8 seniors 60 and older, students 18 and older; $5 students 6-17 and everyone Thursdays from 5 to 9 p.m.; children 5 and under free. Special exhibits: Members free; nonmembers $6. 614-221-6801.
• Dayton Art Institute, 456 Belmonte Park N., Dayton, exhibits “Muse: Mickalene Thomas Photographs Tete-a-tete” adult art, through Jan. 13. Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Thursday, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Sunday, noon to 5 p.m. Admission: $14 adults, $11 seniors 60 and older, students 18 and older and active military; $6 children 7 to 17; children 6 and under free. 937-223-4278.
• La Comedia Dinner Theatre, 765 W. Central Ave., Springboro, presents “Irving Berlin’s White Christmas” through Dec. 31. Tickets: $61-$75, includes dinner. Times vary. 800-677-9505.
• Amos Memorial Public Library, 230 E. North St, exhibits the 41st annual Ohio Watercolor Society Traveling Exhibition through Dec. 31. Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Saturday, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Free.
• Gateway Arts Council, 216 N. Miami Ave., exhibits “Loose Threads and Sanded Edges,” furniture by Gene Hoellrich and quilts by the Loose Threads Quilt Club, Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. through Jan. 4. Free. 498-2787.
• Tenth annual Feast of Giving runs from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Dayton Convention Center, 22 E. Fifth St., Dayton. Entertainment, children’s activities and free Thanksgiving meal.
• Thirteenth annual Thanksgiving Fellowship runs from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Minster Knights of Columbus hall, 40 N. Main St., Minster. Free meal. Delivery available in Minster. 419-628-1328.
• The First Presbyterian Church, 202 N. Miami Ave., hosts the 12th annual Turkey Trot 5K to End Hunger at 8:30 a.m. Register at www.sidneyfirstpres.org.
• Tenth annual Harmony for Ohio Foundation Turkey Trot 5K opens registration at 8 a.m. at Minster High School, 100 E. 7th St., Minster. https://runscore.runsignup.com/Race/OH/Minster/8thAnnualHarmonyforOhioFoundationTurkeyTrot5k.
• Dragon Lights Columbus opens today and runs Tuesdays through Sundays, Dec. 24 and Dec. 31, through Jan. 6 in the Natural Resources Park, 717 E. 17th Ave., Columbus, from 5:30 to 10 p.m. Chinese lanterns, entertainment, crafts, marketplace, food. Tickets at the gate: $19 adults; $14 children 5-16; $14 seniors and active military. All tickets $2 less online at www.dragonlightsabq.com.
• Today is the deadline to register for a dinner talk, “Therapeutic Benefits of Yoga for People with Parkinson’s,” by Savana Shaltry, scheduled for 5 p.m., Nov. 28, at StoryPoint Troy, 1840 Towne Park Drive, Troy. Regsiter at 937-440-3600.
• Grande Illumination and Dayton Children’s Parade Spectacular in Lights runs from 4 to 9 p.m. at Courthouse Square in downtown Dayton. Tree lighting, carnival games, entertainment, crafts, horse-drawn wagon rides, gingerbread house display, live reindeer. Wagon rides, $1. Other events free.
• Dayton Philharmonic Orchestra presents “The Last Waltz Live with the Dayton Philharmonic Orchestra,” at 8 p.m. in the Schuster Center in downtown Dayton. Tickets: $34-$86 at 937-228-3630.
• Darke County Singles Group hosts a dance and carry-in dinner for singels 21 and older in the VFW ballroom, 219 N. Ohio St., Greenville. Dinner at 7 p.m. Dance at 8 p.m. Music by Triple Nickle. Admission: $6. 937-901-3969.
• Amos Memorial Public Library, 230 E. North St., presents a talk and book-signing by author Linda Schmitmeyer, from 1 to 2:30 p.m.
• Shelby County Chorale Society performs “The Messiah” at 3 p.m. in the Connection Point Church of God, 1510 Campbell Road, at 3 p.m. Admission free.
• New Bremen Public Library offers hosts an afternoon of fun and games and Book Buzz, a book discussion for adults, both at 1 p.m., an after-school snack from 3 to 5 p.m. with refreshments and a game, a break out event for family teams from 4 to 7 p.m., story time at 6 p.m. and beginning today, a free Christmas craft every day through Dec. 24. Advance registration required for craft and break-out at 419-629-2158.
• New Knoxville Community Library offers a Christmas craft, Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 3 to 6 p.m. until Dec. 25. Advance registration required at 419-753-2724.
• New Bremen-New Knoxville Rotary Tree Lighting takes place at 6:30 p.m. in Lock One Park, New Bremen.
• Pilates for Life Studio, 800 E. Monroe St., Suite B, New Bremen, hosts a workshop, “Toxin-free Lifestyle,” at 7 p.m. 937-726-8831.
• Darke County Parks hosts Project FeederWatch, bird-watching, from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. today and 3 to 5 p.m., Wednesday in the Nature Center, 4267 state Route 502, Greenville. Take binoculars. Free.
• New Bremen Public Library offers story time for children up to first grade at 6:30 p.m. 419-629-2158.
• Stallo Memorial Library in Minster hosts story time at 10:30 a.m.
• Amvets Post 1986, 1319 Fourth Ave., hosts wing night from 4 to 7 p.m. Dine in wings, 60 cents each; carry out wings 70 cents each.
• Dayton Art Institute, 456 Belmonte Park N., Dayton, presents an art discussion about its exhibit, “Muse: Mickalene Thomas Photographs” at noon today and Dec. 1. Admission: members free; nonmembers $11. 937-228-4278.
• Discovery Riders Inc. hosts a volunteer orientation and training session for people to help students with disabilities learn to ride horses at 5850 state Route 292 S., Zanesfield, from 5 to 8 p.m. 937-935-6545.
• Carillon Historical Park, 1000 Carillon Blvd., Dayton, presents A Carillon Christmas at 5 p.m. Tree lighting, Santa’s toy shop, carolers, train rides, letters to Santa. Tree lighting free. Admission to park: $10 adults, $9 seniors 60 and older, $7 children 3 to 17, children under 3 and Dayton History members free. 937-293-2841.
• Edison State Community College, 1973 Edison Drive, Piqua, hosts Holiday Evening at Edison State at 6:30 p.m. Performance by Lucky Chops. Tickets: $125 at www.edisonohio.edu/holidayevening.
• Fort Loramie Historical Association hosts Williamsburg Christmas Dinners tonight through Dec. 2 in the Wilderness Trail Museum, 37 N. Main St., Fort Loramie. Tickets, $30, must be purchased in advance. 937-295-2659.
• Dayton Art Institute, 456 Belmonte Park N., Dayton, hosts a behind-the-scenes talk by Katherine Ryckman Siegwarth about its exhibit, “Muse: Mickalene Thomas Photographs,” at 4 p.m. Admission: $5 members, $10 talk only nonmembers; $15 talk and exhibit nonmembers; University of Dayton students free. 937-223-4278.
• Joint Township District Memorial Hospital, 200 St. Clair St., St. Marys, hosts a Holiday Vendor Fair from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. 419-394-3387, ext. 2808.
Compiled by Patricia Ann Speelman. Submit event notices to firstname.lastname@example.org.