• Maria Stein Shrine of the Holy Relics, 2291 St. John’s Road, Maria Stein, exhibits “Modern Takes on a Timeless Theme,” a collection of creches, through Jan 7 . Hours: Monday through Thursday, 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Sunday, noon to 4 p.m. Free. 419-925-4532.
• Dayton Art Institute, 456 Belmonte Park N., Dayton, exhibits “Muse: Mickalene Thomas Photographs Tete-a-tete” adult art, through Jan. 13. Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Thursday, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Sunday, noon to 5 p.m. Admission: $14 adults, $11 seniors 60 and older, students 18 and older and active military; $6 children 7 to 17; children 6 and under free. 937-223-4278.
• Gateway Arts Council, 216 N. Miami Ave., exhibits “Loose Threads and Sanded Edges,” furniture by Gene Hoellrich and quilts by the Loose Threads Quilt Club, today and Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Free. 498-2787.
• Columbus College of Art & Design, 60 Cleveland Ave., Columbus, exhibits “140 Years of Creative Excellence,” student artwork exhibit, through Jan. 25. Reception will be Jan. 17 at 6:30 p.m. ccad.edu.
• Dutoit Gallery, 1001 E. Second St., Dayton, hosts a reception to open an exhibit, “The Light You Shed,” by Elena Dahl, from 6 to 9 p.m. 201-752-6362.
• K12 Gallery & TEJAS, 341 S. Jefferson St., Dayton, hosts a reception to open an exhibit, “A View in Your Space. A Visual Retrospect,” by Horace Dozier Sr., from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. 937-461-5149.
• Dublin Pub, 300 Wayne Ave., presents the band, McIans, at 8 p.m. 937-224-7822.
• Old Time Country Jamboree performs in the Spring Creek Christian Church, 63 Wiles Road, from 7 to 10 p.m. Admission: $3.
• Troy-Hayner Cultural Center, 301 W. Main St., Troy, screens “Uncle Buck” at 7:30 p.m. Free. 937-339-0457.
• Boy Scout Devin Wray hosts a fundraising spaghetti dinner from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in the St. Michael’s Hall in Fort Loramie. Meals for donations.
• New Bremen Public Library offers technology help from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and an after-school snack from 3 to 4 p.m. Advance registration required at 419-628-2158.
• New Knoxville Community Library offers technology help from 5 to 7 p.m. Advance registration required at 419-753-2724.
• Stallo Memorial Library in Minster offers technology help from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Advance registration required at 419-628-2925.
• Stallo Memorial Library in Minster hosts story time for all ages at 10:30 a.m. and reader’s theater for children in kindergarten through third grade at 3:30 p.m.
• Darke County Parks hosts Project FeederWatch, bird-watching, from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. today and 3 to 5 p.m., Wednesday in the Nature Center, 4267 state Route 502, Greenville. Take binoculars. Free.
• New Knoxville Community Library offers a Perler bead craft for children in fourth grade and older at 3 p.m.
• Stallo Memorial Library in Minster hosts Coffee & Crafts for adults at 10:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. and a classic movie for adults at 1 p.m. Advance registration required for Coffee & Crafts at 419-628-2925.
• New Bremen Public Library hosts story time for children up to first grade at 10:30 a.m. and Lego robotics for children in fourth grade and older at 3:30 p.m. Advance registration required for robotics 419-628-2158.
• New Knoxville Community Library hosts Family Story Time at 10:30 a.m.
Compiled by Patricia Ann Speelman. Submit event notices to firstname.lastname@example.org.