SIDNEY — Transfer of funds, temporary appropriations and donations were all approved during the June 11 meeting of the Fairlawn Local Schools Board of Education meeting.
The board approved the transfer of funds:
• $4,000 from General Fund to Musical Fund
• $17,500 from General Fund to OSFC Maintenance Fund
• $40,000 from General Fund to Food Service Fund
Temporary appropriations for fiscal year 2016 were also approved, which include General Fund, $1,000,000; Special revenue, $40,000; Food Service, $50,000; and Capital Improvement, $50,000.
The board approved an increase for General Fund FY15 appropriations, including Purchase Service, $30,000; and Fringe Benefits, $15,000.
Ayes: Bensman, Brautigam, Caldwell, Gilfillen, Gold; nays: none. Motion carried 5-0.
In other business, the board,
• Approved student handbooks with revisions for 2015-16.
• Approved a $100 donation from board member Matt Caldwell for the Board Scholarship.
• Accepted the donations for the Fairlawn FFA from Perry Township, $100; Emmy’s Bridal Inc., $100; and Jimmy and Beth Butler, $25.
• Approve Chad McClain as a volunteer swimming coach for the 2015-16 school year with no pay
• Award a one-year, limited service contract to Dexter Tobie for Foreign Language Club adviser for the 2014-15 school year at $626.36
• Awarded a one-year, limited service contract to Anthony Gillem as assistant golf coach for the 2015-2016 school year at $1,284
• Employed Dexter Tobie as OGT Summer School teacher for the 2014-15 school year at $18 per hour
The next regular Board of Education meeting will be held on Thursday, July 9, 2015, at 6:30 p.m. in Room 122 at Fairlawn Local Schools.