FORT LORAMIE — The Fort Loramie High School, Middle School and parking lots will take one more step toward going green.
The Board of Education awarded a contract during their regular meeting Monday, June 15, to Sollman Electric, of Sidney, to replace all the lighting in the high and middle schools gymnasia and in the parking lots with LED instruments.
The $75,755 cost will be partially offset by a Dayton Power & Light rebate of $11,140, Superintendent Dan Holland said Tuesday.
“That makes the net investment for the project $64,615,” he said. The project should be finished this fall.
The board also set, as required by law, the public hearing for special education IDEA Part B funds: the hearing will be July 20 at 6:30 p.m. in the junior/senior high school chorus room.
In other business, the board:
• Approved contracts to hire Georgia Ike as a 7-12 math teacher at a salary of $33,853; Katherine Francis as a 7-12 guidance counselor at a salary of $39,061; Jodi Wenning as a 7-12 language arts teacher at a salary of $39,061; Ryan Goldschmidt as a K-12 business/computer teacher at a salary of $32,551; Bradley Turner as a continuing teacher at a salary of $61,196 and as assistant athletic director at a salary of $1,000; Paula J. Coder and Susan A. Kaufman as in-car driver’s education instructors at an hourly rate of $15 each and Kaufman as a driver’s education classroom instructor at a rate of $20 per hour; Laurie Nosek as Power of the Pen advisor at a salary of $1,464.80; Jordan Pleiman as assistant athletic director at a salary of $1,000; Rachael Ahrns as marching band corps adviser at a salary of $1,302.04; Kari Knapke as marching band assistant at a salary of $1,302.04; Danyel R. Spillers, as continuing treasurer for four years, at a salary of $60,320.
• Approved a payment of $2,561.38 to Francis for 12 days’ extended service.
• Amended Holland’s contract to include providing $1,451.54 in annual contributions to the State Teachers Retirement System.
• Accepted the resignation of business/computer teacher Christa Prenger.
• Accepted donation of $1,415.69 from Dale and Nancy Luebke in support of the athletic department and of $165.09 from the Fort Loramie ACE Committee in support of the student council.
• Approved FY 2016 temporary appropriations and 2015-16 activity budgets.
• Adopted an administrative procedure resolution, necessary to comply with the Ohio Revised Code guidelines to permit normal business operations throughout the fiscal year.
• Authorized the superintendent as the district’s purchasing agent for the fiscal year 2016 subject to guidelines and limitations.
• Approved a program services agreement with Midwest Regional Educational Service Center.
• Approved a contract for nursing services with the Shelby County Board of Health for an hourly rate of $37 per hour.
• Approved a one-year agreement with Kirk National Lease for school bus maintenance.
• Approved the purchase of a Genie Lift from Equipment Depot. The total with trade-in of the current 1996 lift is $15,600.
• Approved the 2015-16 insurance premiums through Ohio School Plan for property, inland marine, crime, liability, commercial automobile, and umbrella coverage. The premiums are $32,610 with deductibles of $250-$2,500.
• Approved membership in the Sheakley Workers Compensation Group Rate Plan with an administrative fee of $225.
• Approved administrative salaries for the 2015-16 school year.
• Approved the hourly wage rate for classified employees not covered by negotiated salary agreements for 2015-16 contract year.
• Approved the issuance of salary notices to certified and classified staff as per negotiated agreement.
• Approved the 2015-16 junior/senior high school student handbook.
• Approved travel for the FFA to the FFA National Convention at the Kentucky Expo Center in October.
• Approved the sixth-grade Camp Willson field trip in May 2016.