VERSAILLES — Versailles Poultry Days Inc. will present nine women vying for the title of Miss Chick 2017. The contest, sponsored by Versailles Savings & Loan, will take place June 9-10, 2017, beginning with personal interviews at noon on Friday, June 9, and the onstage interview beginning at 2 p.m. on Saturday, June 11, in the old Versailles High School gymnasium.
Contestants will be judged appearance, clothing, poise, ability to speak, platform presence and personal interview.
• Cori Lawrence, daughter of Dan and Lori Lawrence, and sponsored by Versailles Cheerleading Association.
• Megan Marchal, daughter of Mark and Elaine Marchal, and sponsored by Mike’s Montes.
• Abigail White, daughter of Ron and Rachel White, and sponsored by Versailles FFA.
• Stephanie Bechtol, daughter of David and Karron Bechtol, and sponsored by Brown Chiropractic.
• Morgan Heitkamp, daughter of Brian and Mechelle Heitkamp, and sponsored by Encore! Showchoir.
• Alexandria Less, daughter of Mike and Deborah Less, and sponsored by Laux Seed Solutions LLC and Arcanum FFA.
• Anna Groff, daughter of Chris and Denise Groff, and sponsored by Pohl Transportation.
• Amber Barga, daughter of Marvin and Theresa Barga, and sponsored by The Herb Pantry.
• Chloe Rawlins, daughter of Keith and Jennifer Rawlins, and sponsored by Versailles Towne & Country Players.
After 66 years of celebrating vibrant, dynamic young women as part of the Poultry Days Festival, the Miss Chick pageant has earned its place as a rich community tradition. Members of the Miss Chick court promote the festival throughout their reign acting as ambassadors to the Ultimate Frisbee community that participates in the tournament held in conjunction with the festival and at several other local festivals. The court members have also participated in philanthropic events that raise funds for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and the Wounded Warrior Project as well as their own philanthropy event, Confident Chicks Night.
In addition to the honor of representing Poultry Days during their reign, the 2017 court will also enjoy the largest cash prize offered in the contest’s history. The chosen Miss Chick will receive flowers, a plaque, crown and $400.00 for herself; First Runner-up will receive flowers, a plaque, and $200 for herself; and Second Runner-up will receive flowers, a plaque, and $150 for herself.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU