• Dayton History presents a carillon concert by Dr. Larry Weinstein at 3 p.m. in Carillon Historical Park, 1000 Carillon Blvd., Dayton. Free. www.daytonhistory.org.
• Today is the deadline for children in grades six-12 to register for Wednesday with Wildlife, “Watching the Wild Woods,” scheduled for July 12 from 9 a.m. to noon at Brukner Nature Center, 5995 Horseshoe Bend Road, Troy. Fee: $20 members, $25 nonmembers at 937-698-6493.
• Riverbend Music Center, 6295 Kellogg Ave., Cincinnati, presents Avenged Sevenfold with Volbeat in concert at 6:30 p.m. Tickets: $21-$137 plus fees at www.ticketmaster.com.
• A.J. Wise Fort Loramie Branch Library, 300 E. Park St., Fort Loramie, screens “Iron Giant” for all ages at 3:30 p.m. and hosts the Create and Build Lego Club for children in prekindergarten and older at 6 p.m.
• Amos Memorial Public Library, 230 E. North St., offes a drop-in craft, blasting straw rockets, for children in prekindergarten through fifth grade from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and “Build a Better Structure” for children in grades 6-12 at 2 p.m. Free. 492-8354.
• Miami County Park District hosts Trailing Moms & Tots for mothers and children up to 5 at 10 a.m. in the Charleston Falls Preserve, 2535 Ross Road, Tipp City. Free. Register at miamicountyparks.com.
• New Bremen Library hosts a class, “Understanding Google Apps,” at 1:30 p.m. for students and their parents. Advance registration required at 419-629-2158.
• New Knoxville Community Library hosts a class, “Understanding Google Apps,” at 10:30 a.m. for students and their parents and an Armstrong Educators program, “Building Load-Bearing Towers,” for children in grades 2-10, at 1 p.m. Advance registration required for Google program at 419-753-2724.
• Stallo Memorial Library in Minster hosts Summer Stories, today, Tuesday and Wednesday, from noon to 1 p.m.; offers a class, “Understanding Google Apps,” for students and their parents at 5 p.m.; and hosts Family Night, “Tent City,” at 8:30 p.m. for all ages with an adult. Build a tent, read a book inside, eat s’mores. Take blankets and sheets for tent. Advance registration required for Google class at 419-628-2925.
• Rose Music Center, 6800 Executive Blvd., Huber Heights, presents Willie Nelson with Dawes in concert at 8 p.m. Tickets: $57.50 to $77.50 plus fees at www.ticketmaster.com.
• A.J. Wise Fort Loramie Branch Library, 300 E. Park St., Fort Loramie, hosts Mommy & Me playtime for children up to 3 at 10:30 a.m.
• Amos Memorial Public Library, 230 E. North St., presents an Armstrong Air & Space Museum program, “Off World Outpost,” for children in kindergarten through fifth grade at 11 a.m. Free. 492-8354.
• Miami County Park District hosts an adult exploration hike at 9 a.m. in the Honey Creek Preserve, 4536 state Route 202, Tipp City. Advance registration required at miamicountyparks.com. Free.
• New Bremen Library hosts a science, technology, engineering, art and math (STEAM) program for all ages from 1 to 2 p.m. and storytime at 6:30 p.m. Free. Advance registration required for STEAM at 419-629-2158.
• Stallo Memorial Library presents Storytime in Paris Street Park, Minster, at 10 a.m. Free.
• Grand Lake Health System offers free oseoporosis scans from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Wagner’s IGA in Minster and from 2 to 4 p.m. in the Wagner’s IGA in New Bremen. 419-394-6132.
• A.J. Wise Fort Loramie Branch Library, 300 E. Park St., Fort Loramie, offers a program for preteens and teens, “Build a Waffle,” at 2 p.m. Free. 937-295-3155.
• Amos Memorial Public Library presents Mother Goose Time for children 3 months to 2 and their caregivers at 10:30 a.m. and Stories in the Park for children in prekindergarten through third grade, in Sherman Park, 1000 Fairmount Drive. Free.
• AMVETS Post 1986, 1319 Fourth Ave., hosts wing night from 4 to 7 p.m. Wings: 60 cents, dine in or carry out.
• Bowersock Signs-N-Lines, 705 North St., Wapakoneta, presens Pinstripe Junction Bike Cruise-In from 6 to 10 p.m. Entertainment, food, beer. 419-739-7264.
• Miami County Park District presents a Bookmobile: Build a Better World program, “What Do Animals Build?” at 2 p.m. in the Hobart Urban Nature Preserve, 1400 Tyrone, Troy. Free. Register at miamicountyparks.com.
• Grand Lake Health System and the Auglaize County Council on Aging offer a wound care-awareness program at 9:45 a.m. at the Wapakoneta Eagles hall. 419-394-6132.
• Amos Memorial Public Library, 230 E. North St., hosts Teen Thursday for children in grades 6-12 at 2 p.m. and offers a tween drop-in for children in third through fifth grades at 3 p.m. 492-8354.
• New Knoxville Community Library hosts story time for children at 10:30 a.m. and a building challenge at 1 p.m.
• New Bremen Public Library hosts story time for children up to first grade at 10:30 a.m. 419-629-2158.
• Piqua Community Farmers Market runs from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. on the square in downtown Piqua.
• Miami County Park District offers Lettuce Cook Cooking Club for children 11-15, a five-session class beginning today and meeting also July 20, July 27, Aug. 3 and Aug. 10, from 2:30 to 5:30 p.m., in the Lost Creek Reserve, 2385 state Route 41, Troy. Harvest and cook food from the garden. Fee: $25. Advance registration required at miamicountyparks.com.
• Victoria Theatre Association screens “The Neverending Story” at 10 a.m. and 7 p.m. in the Victoria Theatre, 138 N. Main St., Dayton. Tickets: $3 at www.ticketcenterstage.com.
• Dayton Art Institute, 456 Belmonte Park N., Dayton, presents a Jazz & Beyond concert, The Faux Frenchmen, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Cash bar with food and drinks. Tickets: $8 nonmembers; members admitted free. 937-223-4278.
Compiled by Patricia Ann Speelman. Submit items to email@example.com.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU