Canal Place stove fire causes evacuation


A man fell asleep with food on his stove in a 5th floor apartment in the Canal Place Apartments. The small fire caused a large amount of smoke on the 5th and 4th floors of Canal Place Apartments. A fire alarm at 2:02 a.m. Saturday, June 10 alerted the Sidney Fire Department which quickly put out the fire, evacuated residents and setup fans to blow out the smoke. The Sidney Fire Department had to locate the apartment on their own because the resident didn’t call authorities after leaving their smoke filled apartment.


Luke Gronneberg | Sidney Daily News

A man fell asleep with food on his stove in a 5th floor apartment in the Canal Place Apartments. The small fire caused a large amount of smoke on the 5th and 4th floors of Canal Place Apartments. A fire alarm at 2:02 a.m. Saturday, June 10 alerted the Sidney Fire Department which quickly put out the fire, evacuated residents and setup fans to blow out the smoke. The Sidney Fire Department had to locate the apartment on their own because the resident didn’t call authorities after leaving their smoke filled apartment.

A man fell asleep with food on his stove in a 5th floor apartment in the Canal Place Apartments. The small fire caused a large amount of smoke on the 5th and 4th floors of Canal Place Apartments. A fire alarm at 2:02 a.m. Saturday, June 10 alerted the Sidney Fire Department which quickly put out the fire, evacuated residents and setup fans to blow out the smoke. The Sidney Fire Department had to locate the apartment on their own because the resident didn’t call authorities after leaving their smoke filled apartment.
http://aimmedianetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/47/2017/06/web1_canalFire.jpgA man fell asleep with food on his stove in a 5th floor apartment in the Canal Place Apartments. The small fire caused a large amount of smoke on the 5th and 4th floors of Canal Place Apartments. A fire alarm at 2:02 a.m. Saturday, June 10 alerted the Sidney Fire Department which quickly put out the fire, evacuated residents and setup fans to blow out the smoke. The Sidney Fire Department had to locate the apartment on their own because the resident didn’t call authorities after leaving their smoke filled apartment. Luke Gronneberg | Sidney Daily News