FORT LORAMIE — The Fort Loramie American Legion Auxiliary has planned several fundraisers, which were discussed during its Oct. 8 meeting.
Bar Bingo will be Friday, Oct. 19, in the legion post hall.
The Auxiliary Quarter Auction will be Nov. 13 at 7 p.m. Tickets will cost $3.
Volunteers will participate in the annual poppy drive at two banks in Fort Loramie, Wagner’s IGA and at the post’s chicken fry.
In addition to raising funds, the group will seek donations of items for veterans by placing donaton boxes in local schools during the week of Nov. 5.
In other business, the auxiliary:
• Voted to make a donation to the Old School History Club.
• Tabled decisions about making donations to the American Heart and the American Cancer associations until December.
• Announced that dues are payable and that 102 members have not yet paid.
• Discussed a bowling tournament scheduled for Oct. 20 in Celina.
• Heard reports from attendees of the School of Instruction in Columbus, Sept. 21 and 22, and the District 2 meeting in Bellefontaine, Sept. 30.
• Approved making a $50 donation to the District 2 Flower Fund.
• Reminded members that the Veterans Day Dinner will be Nov. 3 and that the auxiliary will decorate the post hall.
• Conducted the annual cash prize drawing. Winners were Julie Frey, $100; Hilda Siegel, $75; Jeanne Boerger and June Seger, $50 each; Brittany Robbins and Kari Egbert, $25 each.