• Columbus Museum of Art, 480 E. Broad St., Columbus, presents “Dogs” through 2017; “Glass Magic” through 2018; “Graphic Novelist Residency Exhibition: Ronald Wimberly” through Feb. 19; “The Sun Placed in the Abyss” through Jan. 8; “Bodies@Work: The Work of Ruben and Isabel Toledo” through June 18; “Think Outside the Brick: The Creative Art of Lego,” through Feb. 26; and “Aminah’s Presidential Suite.” Hours vary. Admission: $6-$20. www.columbusmuseum.org.
• Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park, 962 Mount Adams Circle, Cincinnati, presents “A Christmas Carol” through Dec. 31 and “The Second City’s Holidazed & Confused Revue” through Jan. 8. Times vary. Tickets: $30 and up at www.cincyplay.com or 800-582-3208.
• Dayton Art Institute, 456 Belmonte Park N., Dayton, presents “Ravaged Sublime: Landscape Photography in the 21st Century” through Jan. 8. Wednesday and Friday-Saturday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Thursday, 11 a.m.-8 p.m.; Sunday, noon-5 p.m. Admission: $14 adults; $11 seniors 60 and older, students 18 and older and active military; $6 children 7-17; free for members and children 6 and under.
• La Comedia Dinner Theater, 765 W. Central Ave., Springboro, presents “A Christmas Carol” through Dec. 31. Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays at 10:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m., Saturdays at 5:30 p.m. Tickets: $59-$75 includes dinner, at www.lacomedia.com and 800-677-9505.
• Krohn Conservatory, 1501 Eden Park Drive, Cincinnati, presents “A Whoville Holiday,” botanical exhibits, through Jan. 8. Hours vary. Admission: $7 adults; $4 children; children under 4, free. www.cincinnatiparks.com.
• Springfield Museum of Art, 107 Cliff Park Road, Springfield, presents the Dayton.Kyoto Print Exchange exhibit through March 25. Open Wednesday-Sunday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission: $5 adults; $3 students and seniors; children 17 and under, free. springfieldart.net.
• Holiday Lights on the Hill, a drive-through holiday light show, opens tonight and runs through Jan. 1 in the Pyramid Hill Sculpture Park, 1763 Hamilton-Cleves Road, Hamilton. Monday-Thursday, 6-9 p.m.; Friday-Sunday, 6-10 p.m. Admission: $20-$25 per car. 513-868-1234.
• Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, 4850 W. Powell Road, Powell, presents Wildlights at the Zoo through Jan. 1. Sunday-Thursday, 5-9 p.m.; Friday-Saturday, 5-10 p.m. Tickets: $19 adults, $13 children 3-9 and seniors 60 and older. www.columbuszoo.org.
• The Toledo Zoo, 2 Hippo Way, Toledo, presents Lights before Christmas through Dec. 31. Light displays, ice carving demonstrations, food. Sunday-Thursday, 3-8 p.m.; Friday-Saturday, 3-9 p.m. Admission: $17 adults, $14 children 2-11 and seniors 60 and older. 419-385-4040.
• Franklin Park Conservatory, 1777 E. Broad St., Columbus, presents Merry and Bright, seasonal horticultural displays, through Jan. 1. Daily 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission: $14 adults, $11 seniors 60 and older and college students, $7 children 3-16. 614-715-8000.
• Alum Creek presents the 17th annual Fantasy of Lights drive-through light show and Santa house in Alum Creek State Park Campgrounds, 2911 S. Old State Road, Delaware, through Jan. 1; Sunday-Thursday, 5:30-9:30 p.m.; Friday-Saturday, 5:30-10 p.m. Admission: $25 per car. www.alumcreek.com/fol.
• Light Up Middletown, a drive-through display, runs from 6 to 10 p.m., today through Dec. 31 in Smith Park, 500 Tytus Ave., Middletown. Santa visits Fridays and Saturdays from 7 to 9 p.m. through Dec. 23. Admission: donation. www.lightupmiddletown.org.
• Washington Township presents Woodland Lights, a walk-through light show in Countryside Park, 895 Miamisburg-Centerville road, Dayton, through Dec. 20 from 6 to 9 p.m. Santa visits, laser lights, Grinch World, live animals, costumed characters, kiddie rides, entertainment. Admission: $8. www.woodlandlights.org.
• Clifton Mill, 75 Water St., Clifton, turns on millions of lights today and the lights continue through Jan. 1, from 5 to 9 p.m. nightly. 937-767-5501.
• Columbus Children’s Theatre, 512 Park St., Columbus, presents “The Best Christmas Pageant Ever” through Dec. 18. Times vary. Tickets: $10-$25 at 614-224-6627.
• Allen County Historical Society, Church Women United and YWCA present the 44th annual Christmas Tree Festival today and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Dec. 2 from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., and Dec. 4 from noon to 5 p.m. in the Allen County Museum, 620 W. Market St., Lima. Crafts, a talking Christmas tree, decorated trees, a boutique, children’s entertainment, refreshments. Admission is free; however donations are accepted. 419-222-9426.
• Stranahan Theater, 4645 Heatherdowns Blvd., Toledo, presents “The Phantom of the Opera” through Dec. 11. Times vary. Tickets: $39-$134 at www.stranahantheater.org.
• The Ohio Statehouse, 1 Capitol Square, Columbus, presents its holiday festival and tree lighting from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Free. ohiostatehoue.org.
• New Knoxville Community Library hosts a book discussion of “Undercover” at 6 p.m.
• Readmore’s Hallmark, 430 N. Main St., Piqua, hosts a book-signing of “Queen City Dynasty: Cincinnati’s Big Red Machine,” by author Mark Figley from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
• Northwest Ohio Railroad Preservation Inc. runs the North Pole Express, Fridays though Sundays, from 5 to 9 p.m., through Jan. 1., leaving from the station at 12505 County Road 99, Findlay. Tickets: $3 adults, $2 children. 419-423-2995.
• Wright State University, 3640 Col. Glenn Highway, Fairborn, presents “Heathers: The Musical” in the Herbst Theatre on campus today at 8 p.m., Saturday at 2 and 8 p.m., Sunday at 2 p.m. Tickets: $12 adults, $10 seniors, $5 students at 937-775-2500.
• Cincinnati Pops Orchestra presents “Holiday Pops,” a concert featuring Melinda Doolittle, at 8 p.m. today; 2 p.m. and 8 p.m. Saturday; and 2 and 7 p.m. Sunday in the Taft Theatre, 317 E. Fifth St., Cincinnati. Tickets: $20-$115 at www.cincinnatisymphony.org.
• Marathon Center for the Perfroming Arts, 200 W. Main Cross St., Findlay, presents Boston Brass in concert at 7:30 p.m. Tickets: $25-$55 at 419-422-4624.
• Houston Community Association hosts pizza night in the Houston Community Center, 5005 Russia-Houston Road, Houston, from 4:30 to 9 p.m. Dine in or carry out. Pizzas, $10-$17. Advance orders at 295-3598.
• Old Time Country Jamboree performs from 7 to 10 p.m. in the Spring Creek Christian Church, 63 Wiles Road. Admission: $3.
• The Lupus Foundation of America, Greater Ohio Chapter, presents a Christmas Tea Extravaganza from 10 am. to 4 p.m., in the Cleveland Airport Marriot, 4277 W. 150th St., Cleveland. Vendors, tea, silent auction, raffles, entrtainment. Tickets: $40 at 888-665-8787.
• Piqua Arts Council presents “Sounds of the Season,” a community concert, at 3 p.m. in the St. James Episcopal Church, 200 W. High St., Piqua. Admission is free, but tickets are required. Available at www.piquaartscouncil.org.
• The Tippecanoe Christmas in the Village Home Tour runs from noon to 5 p.m. in Tipp City. Eight homes feature holiday decorations. Tickets: $15 in advance at www.tippchristmasinthevillage.com; $20 day of tour at 101 E. Main St., Tipp City.
• Darke County Parks presents Walkin’ in a Winter Wonderland in the Shawnee Prairie Preserve from 6 to 9 p.m. Luminary-illuminated night hike, music, crafts, snacks, gift shop. Free. 937-548-0165.
• Rosewood Arts Centre, 2655 Olson Drive, Kettering, presents A Rosewood Holiday Arts Festival from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Art activities, demonstrations, entertainment, refreshments. Free.
• Brukner Nature Center, 5995 Horseshoe Bend Road, Troy, presents its Winter Arts & Crafts Show from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Free.
• Swing Era Band performs a holiday concert in the First Presbyterian Church, 202 N. Miami Ave., at 7 p.m. Free.
• The Johnston Farm and Indian Agency, Hardin Road at Ohio 66, Piqua, hosts Christmas at the Johnston Farm at 1, 4 and 7 p.m. Dinner, tours, entertainment. Tickets: $35 adults, $30 children 6-12. Advance reservations required at 800-752-2619.
• Shelby County Historical Society presents Christmas of YesterYear from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Ross Historical Center, 201 N. Main St. Entertainment, Santa, crafts, refreshments. Free. 498-1653.
• Marion Union Station presents the Marion Train and Toy Show on the Marion County Fairgrounds, 220 E. Fairground St., Marion from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Vendors, displays. Admission: $8 adults; children 8 and under free; $12 families. 740-383-3768.
• Ohio History Connection presents “Pleasures of the Cup: Drinks of the 19th Century,” a pub crawl in Ohio Village, 800 E. 17th Ave., columbus. Tickets: $35 at 614-297-2300.
• Miami County Park District presents “An Evening of Lights” from 6 to 9 p.m. in the Charleston Falls Preserve, 2535 Ross Road, Tipp City. Tickets: $5 per vehicle for Miami County residents; $15 per vehicle for nonresidents. Advance registration required at miamicountyparks.com.
• Miami County YMCA hosts a Saturday Night Live Youth Event from 7 to 11:30 p.m. for children in grades 1-6 in the Robinson Branch, 3060 S. County Road 25A, Troy. Admission: $10 members, $16 nonmembers. Register at 937-440-9622.
• Lock One Community Arts presents River City Brass in concert in the James F. Dicke Auditorium in New Bremen High School, 901 E. Monroe St., New Bremen, at 3 p.m. Tickets: $30 adults, $10 students at Ohio True Value, 4405 State Route 66, Minster, and 419-629-2241.
• Niswonger Performing Arts Center, 10700 State Route 118, Van Wert, presents Sandy Patti in concert at 7:30 p.m. Tickets: $25-$45 at 419-238-6722.
• Santa’s Market Holiday Crafts and Gifts Festival is open in the Fort Loramie High School, 575 Greenback Road, Fort Loramie, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Vendors, food, Santa, crafts, art show.
• New Knoxville Library offers a Christmas craft Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays through Dec. 22, from 3 to 7 p.m.
• New Bremen Public Library offers a Christmas craft Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays through Dec. 22 from 3 to 7 p.m.
• Stallo Memorial Library in Minster offers a Christmas votive candle craft for children in fourth grade and older at 3:30 p.m. Advance registration required at 419-628-2925.
• Miami County Park District hosts an adult exploration hike in the Maple Ridge Reserve, 10430 State Route 185, Covington, from 9 to 11 a.m. Register at miamicountyparks.com.
• Darke County Park District hosts an early morning discovery hike at 8 a.m. today and Project FeederWatch, birdwatching, today and Wednesday from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. in the Shawnee Prairie Preserve, 4267 State Route 502 W., Greenville. Free. 937-548-0165.
• New Bremen Public Library offers story time for children up to first grade at 6:30 p.m.
• Stallo Memorial Library offers a Christmas wreath craft to children in grades 1-3 at 3:30 p.m. and the Lego Club for children in kindergarten and older at 4:30 p.m. Advance registration for craft at 419-628-2925.
• New Knoxville Community Library offers a Perler bead craft for children in fourth grade and older at 3 p.m. Advance registration required at 419-753-2724.
• Stallo Memorial Library in Minster hosts Coffee and Craft for adults at 10:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. Advance registration required at 419-629-2925.
• Today is the deadline to make reservations and pick up tickets for Troy Rotary Club Breakfast with Santa, scheduled for Dec. 10 from 8:30 to 11 a.m. in the Lincoln Community Center, 110 Ash St., Troy. Make reservations at 937-335-2715. Free.
• New Bremen Public Library hosts story time for children up to first grade at 10:30 a.m. and the Lego Robotics Club for children in grades 3-7 and their parents at 3:30 p.m. Registration required for robotics at 419-629-2158.
• New Knoxville Community Library hosts story time for children 3 to first grade at 3 p.m.
Compiled by Patricia Ann Speelman. Submit items to firstname.lastname@example.org.