• Columbus Museum of Art, 480 E. Broad St., Columbus, exhibits “Red Horizon: Contemporary Art and Photography in the USSR and Russia, 1960-2010” through Sept. 24, “Three Chagalls” through March 11, “Sidney Chafetz: Poets and False Prophets” through Dec. 3, “Botanical Wonders: Flower Figure Quilts 1850-1950” through March 11; and “Motion” through April 30; hours vary. And Renee Dion album release party and Red Horizon panel discusion today at 6:30 p.m. Museum admission: Adults $14; seniors, $8; students 18 and older, $8; students 6-17, $5; children 5 and under, free; Sundays free; Thursdays 5 to 9 p.m., pay what you want; album release tickets: $10; panel discussion free. 614-629-0359.
• Springfield Museum of Art, 107 Cliff Park Road, Springfield, presents “Ponds, Gardens and Shadows: Paintings by Jennifer Rosengarten” through Jan. 7. Wednesday through Sunday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission: $5 adults, $3 students and seniors, children 17 and under, free. 937-325-4673.
• Shelby County Historical Society presents an exhibit, “Titans of Industry,” in the Ross Historical Center, 201 N. Main Ave., through mid-October. 498-1653.
• The Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Library and Museums, Hayes and Buckland avenues, Fremont, presents Quilt National, contemporary art quilts, on exhibit through Oct. 15. Admission: $7.50 adults, $6.50 seniors 60 and older, $3 children 6-12. 419-332-2081.
• Johnson-Humrickhouse Museum, 300 N. Whitewoman St., Coshocton, continues an exhibit, Breweriana-Preserving the History of the American Brewing Industry, through Sept. 24. Admission: $4 adults, $3 children. 740-622-8710.
• Dayton Art Institute, 456 Belmonte Park N., Dayton, presents “Ubuhle Women: Beadwork and the Art of Independence,” an exhibit of South African beadwork, through Sunday; Exhibit admission: $14 adults, $11 seniors 60 and older and students 18 and older, $6 children 7-17; members and children under 7, free.
• The Greene, 4452 Buckeye Lane, Beavercreek, presents Nick Mitchell Acoustic from 6 to 10 p.m. Free.
• La Comedia Dinner Theatre, 765 W. Central Ave., Springboro, presents “Mama Mia” through Oct. 28. Times vary. Tickets: $61-$75 includes dinner. www.lacomedia.com.
• Rosewood Gallery, 2655 Olson Drive, Kettering, exhibits “HWD,” a sculpture exhibit through Oct. 6. Exhibit hours: Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Free. 937-296-0294.
• Farmer Family Gallery at Reed Hall, Ohio State Lima, 4240 Campus Drive, Lima, presents “Kyle Staver, Paintings” through Oct. 13. Free.
• Piqua Arts Council’s 25th Piqua Fine Art Exhibition runs through Sept. 29 in the Apple Tree Gallery, 405 N. Main St., Piqua. Admission is free.
• Piqua Public Library, 116 W. High St., Piqua, presents the Western Ohio Watercolor Society exhibit, “Autumn Landscapes,” through Sept. 30. Open Monday through Thursday, from 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., Friday and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Free. 937-773-6753.
• New Bremen Public Library hosts Family Night for all ages, build a marble race run and race marbles, at 6 p.m. Free.
• Historic Waco Airfield and Museum, 1865 S. county Road 25A, Troy, presents Vintage WACO Fly-in from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. today and Sunday, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., Saturday. Plane rides, demonstrations, pilot encounters, exhibits, children’s activities, banquet. Tickets: $6-$10 adults, $3-$6 students, children under 6 free. 937-335-9226.
• AMVETS Post 1986, 1319 Fourth Ave., hosts a fish and chicken fry from 4 to 7 p.m. Dine in or carry out. Meals: $7.
• The Greene, 4452 Buckeye Lane, Beavercreek, presents Stagger Lee Band from 6 to 10 p.m. Free.
• Lake Loramie Fall Festival in Lake Loramie State Park, state Route 362, Fort Loramie, opens and 4 p.m. and runs through 4 p.m., Sunday. Exhibits, contests, demonstrations, food, entertainment, children’s activities, vendors, arts and crafts, antique power show. Free. 937-295-2011.
• Freshwater Farms of Ohio, 2624 N. U.S. 68, Urbana, presents the Ohio Fish & Shrimp Festival today from 4 to 10 p.m., Saturday from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Sunday, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Food, entertainment, children’s activities, petting zoo, pirate treasure dig, arts and crafts, bounce houses, vendors, shrimp for sale Saturday. Admission: $5 adults, $2 children 3-12; children under 3, free. ohiofishandshrimpfestival.org.
• Tri-Moraine Audubon Society and the Johnny Appleseed Metropolitan Park District unveil an important bird area and lead a hike in Kendrick Woods, 971 N. Defiance Trail, Spencerville, at 1:30 p.m. Free. www.tri-moraineaudubon.org.
• Dayton Performing Arts Alliance presents “Verdi’s Requiem” with the Dayton Philharmonic Orchestra, Dayton Opera and Dayton Ballet, in the Schuster Center in downtown Dayton at 8 p.m. today and 3 p.m. Sunday. Tickets: $28-$94 at 937-228-3630.
• Dayton Art Institute, 456 Belmonte Park N., Dayton, presents an exhibit, “Alphonse Mucha: Master of Art Nouveau—Selections from the Dhawan Collection,” through Dec. 31. Admission: $14 adults, $11 seniors, students 18 and older and active military, $6 children 7 to 17, free for members and children 6 and under. 937-223-4278.
• The Great Sidney Farmers Market and Taste of the Market runs from 8 a.m. to noon on the courtsquare.
• The Greene, 4452 Buckeye Lane, Beavercreek, presents Hey There Morgan from 6 to 10 p.m. Free.
• Piqua Bike Fest runs today and Sunday in downtown Piqua. Motorcycles, food, entertainment, vendors.
• Miami County Park District offers Prewschool in the Park, “Incredible Insects,” at 11 a.m. in the Charleston Falls Preserve, 2535 Ross Road, Tipp City. Advance registration required at miamicountyparks.com. Fee: $3.
• A.B. Graham Center, U.S. 36, Conover, hosts a lasagna dinner from 5 to 7 p.m. and bingo at 7 p.m. Meals: $7 adults; $3 children 12 and under. 937-368-3700.
• Brukner Nature Center, 5995 Horseshoe Bend Road, Troy, offers View from the Vista, birdwatching, from 2 to 4 p.m. 937-698-6493.
• Sidney American Legion Post 217, 1265 Fourth Ave., will host an all-you-can-eat buffet brunch from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Meals: $9 adults, $5 children 6-12, children 5 and under, free.
• Miami County Park District hosts a dog social, “Summer Dog Olympics,” from 1 to 3 p.m. in the Garbry Big Woods Reserve, 6660 Casstown-Sidney Road, Covington. Register at miamicountyparks.com.
• Logan County Art League presents a painting demonstration by Chris Leeper at 6 p.m. in the Gallery at the Holland, 127 E. Columbus Ave., Bellefontaine. Free. www.logancountyartleague.org.
• New Bremen Public Library offers a computer class, Microsoft Word Part 2, at 1:30 p.m. for adults and Moove and Groove the the Music for children in grades K-3 at 6:30 p.m. Advance registration required for computer class at 419-629-2158.
• New Knoxville Community Library offers a computer class, Microsoft Word Part 2, at 1:30 p.m. for adults and game adventures for all ages at 3 p.m. Advance registration required for computer class at 419-753-2724.
• Stallo Memorial Library in Minster offers a computer class, Microsoft Word Part 2, at 10:30 a.m. Advance registration required at 419-628-2925.
• La Comedia Dinner Theatre, 765 W. Central Ave., Springboro, presents the Tom Daugherty Orchestra playing a tribute to Victory Canteen at 10:30 a.m. Tickets: $32-$34 includes lunch. www.lacomedia.com.
• Piqua Chatauqua presents Karen Vuranch as Edith Wharton in the Hance Pavilion in Fountain Park, 1300 Forest Ave., Piqua, at 6 p.m. Free.
• Darke County Parks hosts an early morning discovery hike for adults at 8 a.m. and Project FeederWatch, bird-watching, from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. today and Wednesday in the Shawnee Prairie Preserve, 4267 state Route 502 W., Greenville. Free. Take binoculars for both events. 937-548-0165.
• New Bremen Public Library hosts story time for children up to first grade at 6:30 p.m.
• Piqua Chatauqua presents Charles Pace as W.E.B. DuBois in the Hance Pavilion in Fountain Park, 1300 Forest Ave., Piqua, at 6 p.m. Free.
• AMVETS Post 1986, 1319 Fourth Ave., hosts wing night from 4 to 7 p.m. Dine in or carry out. Wings: 60 cents dine-in; 70 cents carry out.
• Columbus Museum of Art, 480 E. Broad St., Columbus, presents the Columbus Moving Company performing dances inspired by the “Red Horizon” exhibit at 2 p.m. Tickets: $20 nonmembers; $5 members at 614-629-0359.
• New Knoxville Community Library offers a craft, a pencil pouch, for children in fourth grade and older at 3 p.m.
• Stallo Memorial Library in Minster hoss a book discussion group for adults at 2 p.m.
• New Knoxville Community Library hosts story time for children at 3:45 p.m. and a craft for adults at 6 p.m. Advance registration required for craft at 419-753-2724.
• New Bremen Public Library hosts story time for children up to first grade at 10:30 a.m. and a Pinterest craft for adults at 1 p.m. Advance registration required for craft at 419-629-2158.
• Stallo Memorial Library in Minster presents a Fall Style Revue fashion show for adults at 7:30 p.m. Advance registration required at 419-628-2925.
Compiled by Patricia Ann Speelman. Submit event listings to firstname.lastname@example.org.