SIDNEY — Jeff Raible, director of the Sidney Visitors Bureau, recently reported the following recent activity by the bureau:
• During September, there were 2,394 web sessions on the visitors bureau website, 2,035 unique users, 3,766 page views and 928 Facebook views. Time on the site averaged 1 minute, 4 seconds.
• During October, there were 2,378 web sessions, 2,031 unique users, 3,769 page views and 98 Facebook views. Time on the site averaged 1 minute.
• During September, the bureau sent Sidney Visitors Bureau information to 112 individuals and during October, to 59 individuals, interested in learning more about this area after visiting the web site or seeing ads in the Discover Ohio Travel Planner, Midwest Living magazine, Country Living magazine, and the Madden Media Regional Newspaper Insert.
• The bureau submitted information about 2016 attractions and events to TourismOhio for publication on the official state of Ohio website devoted to travel and tourism and in the official state of Ohio travel directory.
• The bureau placed order to advertise in the 2016 Ohio Travel Planner magazine with an annual circulation of 400,000 and an insertion order to advertise on the state of Ohio app published by Great Lakes Publishing Co. Through September 2015 the app was downloaded 24,000 times by individuals interested in Ohio travel.
• The bureau will collaborate with visitors bureaus in Miami, Darke, Auglaize, Mercer, and VanWert counties to cosponsor a booth at the 2016 AAA Great Vacations Expo in Columbus. In 2015 this consumer travel show was visited by more than 10,000 patrons. At the 2015 show, the Sidney Visitors Bureau and its partnering Visitors Bureaus handed out more than 1,000 goodie bags of information about travel in west central Ohio.
• A guest card promoting the Sidney Visitors Bureau mobile web site has been distibuted to hotels. Hotel desk clerks are being encouraged to offer this card to guests seeking information about area restaurants, attractions and leisure activities.