SIDNEY — The Shelby County commissioners appointed Preston Meyer to a three-year term on the Sidney Shelby Economic Partnership Board of Trustees, during a recent commission meeting.
In other recent business, the commission:
• Opened four bids for the Bon Ton Pump Station Replacement Project and awarded the contract in the amount of $167,618 to Jutte Excavating Inc.
• Approved a final payment of $6,992 for the courthouse concrete project. The total cost was $174,800.
• Entered into an agreement with the city of Sidney for environmental review record for the PY2015 Sidney/Shelby County Partnership Community Housing Impact & Preservation (CHIP) program.
• Approved the annexation of 25.249 acres to the city of Sidney as petitioned by C.M. Cole & Associates Inc.
• Opened two bids for the Shelby County Jail water controls re-bid project and awarded the $227,700 contract to Slagle Mechanical Contractors.
• Approved a $46,000, second payment to Martin Painting & Coating Co. for courthouse painting.
Reach the writer at 937-538-4824. Follow her on Twitter @PASpeelmanSDN.