NEW BREMEN — Village of New Bremen employees will see a 5 percent increase in the health insurance premium deductions from their paychecks following action by the village council during its regular meeting Dec. 14.
The council unanimously voted the increase because, as of Dec. 1, there was a 16.3 percent increase for the employee health plan.
In other business, the council:
• Authorized a change order in the amount of $11,922.27 to Pohlkat Inc. for dreding lagoons at the wastewater treatment plant. The total cost of the project was $261,922.27.
• Authorized a change order in the amount of $66,952 for musical instruments for Komminsk Legacy Park.
• Untabled the third reading and passed an ordinance accepting the Auglaize County Solid Waste Management District 5-year plan.
• Authorized a purchase in the amount of $30,801 of a 2016 Dodge Charger for the police department.
• Gave second readings to a resolution to enter into a contract with Stephen L. Smith for the rendition of legal services during 2016 and to a resolution to contract Robert W. Kehoe as mayor’s court magistrate for 2016.
• Gave first reading to resolutions to seek bids for construction of public works and parks buildings, to authorize a 2016 per capita assessment in the amount of $2,233.50 payable to Auglaize County Office of HOmeland Security and Emergency Management, and to authorize participation in OhioCheckbook.com, a government checkbook transparency website.
Reach the writer at 538-4824. Follow her on Twitter @PASpeelmanSDN.