SIDNEY — Julie Ehemann was elected president of the Shelby County Board of Commissioners during the board’s reorganizational meeting, Monday, Jan. 11.
Bob Guillozet was elected vice president.
The commissioners voted to meet Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9 a.m. and to reimburse mileage at 40 cents per mile.
They made committee appointments as follows: Ehemann: Disaster Services, Sidney Shelby Economic Partnership, Community Improvement Council, Tax Incentive Review Committee, Auglaize Airport Advisory Committee, Board of Revision, Midwest Pool Risk Management Agency.
Guillozet: North Central Ohio Solid Waste Management District Executive Board, Family & Children First Council, Shelby Public Transit, Continuum of Care, Records Commission, Auglaize Airport Advisory Committee, Midwest Pool Risk Management Agency.
Tony Bornhorst: Senior Center Board, Top of Ohio, Adult Day Care, Upper Valley JVS Advisory Committee, OSU-Lima Citizens Advisory Group, Auglaize Airport Advisory Committee, Midwest Pool Risk Management Agency.
They appointed Robert E. Sayre the apiary inspector for the county for 2016.
During recent regular commission meetings, the board:
• Accepted a proposal from the Bench Factory to purchase 15 benches for corridors in the courthouse at a cost of $11,806.14.
• Re-appointed Lisa Hoewischer to a three-year term on the Regional Planning Commission.
• Accepted a proposal from McAfee’s Communications Inc. for radio-over-fiber/Ethernet conversion at the Russia and Fort Loramie radio communication sites at a cost of $18,674.
• Approved final payment in the amount of $49,823.81 to Energy Systems Group for the courthouse energy improvements project. Total project cost was $4,896,724.25.
• Appointed Diann Rodrigues and Ian Ridgeway to serve on the Child Abuse and Child Neglect Regional Prevention Council.
• Accepted a proposal from Eck Refrigeration to replace the kitchen exhaust fan at the jail at a cost of $5,975.
Reach the writer at 937-538-4824. Follow her on Twitter @PASpeelmanSDN.