SIDNEY — Volunteer tax preparation services will be available in Sidney for people whose incomes are $55,000 or less and who will electronically file federal and state tax returns.
Community Action Organization, in partnership with the Internal Revenue Service, will kick-off the tax season at the Community Action office, 110 E. Russell Road, Feb. 5, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Free tax preparation will then be provided Feb. 12, Feb. 19 and March 11 during the same hours. Appointments for assistance are encouraged, but walk-ins will be accepted. Appointments can be scheduled at 937-507-9341.
Taxpayers must have valid photo IDs and Social Security cards for themselves, spouses and dependents. For joint returns, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms. Taxpayers should also the the following items to their appointments:
• Copy of last year’s tax return.
• Income documents (W-2s, 1098s, 1099s, and records of any other sources of income received by the taxpayer and the spouse).
• Child/dependent care providers tax ID number.
• Records of student loan interest and/or college tuition expenses, if applicable.
• Health insurance Form 1095-A, if covered under Marketplace.
• Health insurance Form 1095-B and/or 1095-C, if covered by employer.
• Records of the total amount paid in medical expenses from the previous year.
• Records of the amount of property tax paid and of the amount of mortgage interest paid.
• Direct deposit information including account number and routing number for savings or checking account.