Editor’s note: Incorrect information was provided to the newspaper concerning voter registration.
SIDNEY — As required by law, those who plan to exercise their right to vote in the May 7, 2019, Primary Election must be registered to vote at least 30 days before the election. The deadline to register with the Shelby County Board of Elections is Monday, April 8, 2019. The Board of Elections Office is open from 8:30 a.m.to 9 p.m. on April 8. Also, anyone who has moved since they last voted and has not changed their address with the Board of Elections should do so by the same deadline.
Registration forms are available at the following location:
Shelby County Board of Elections, 230 E. Court St., Sidney, open Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Registrations are also accepted by the following authorized agencies during their regular business hours:
• Amos Memorial Library, all branches.
• One Stop Shop (BMV), 1000 Milligan Court, Sidney.
A person may also register to vote online at the Secretary of State’s website,
Here are the qualifications to vote in the May 7, 2019, Primary Election:
• Must be a US citizen
• Must be 18 years old by Nov. 7; 17-year-olds may vote on candidates only
• Must be a resident of Ohio for 30 days prior to the election
• Must register to vote 30 days prior to the election