Shelby County Board of Elections
SIDNEY — Shelby County Board of Elections Office is having its biennial re-organizational meeting Saturday, March 6, 2021, at 10 a.m.
Sidney City Council
SIDNEY — The Sidney City Council will hold a special meeting on Monday, March 8, 2021, at 5 p.m. The meeting will be held by a hybrid method, with board members in attendance in council chambers and others welcome to join virtually.
The purpose of the meeting is for City Council to hold an executive session to discuss the employment of a public/official employee.
Sidney City Council
SIDNEY — The Sidney City Council will hold a regular meeting on Monday, March 8, 2021, at 6:30 p.m. The meeting will be held by a hybrid method, with board members in attendance in council chambers and others welcome to join virtually.
Council will be introduced to three ordinances to assess the cost of weed cutting or removal of litter or junk, to amend, enact and renumber certain sections of a chapter of the codified ordinances, pertaining to parking downtown and to amend the traffic control map downtown.
A public hearing in conjunction with an introduction of an ordinance on the rezoning of a plat of land from an I-1 light industrial district to a B-2 community business district.
Council is expected to adopt two ordinances to make supplemental appropriations for 2021 and the rezoning of a 177.83 acre tract of land from a B-2, community business district and I-2 light industry district into five separate and distinct districts.
Council is expected to adopt seven resolutions, and they are:
• To extend the temporary suspension of enforcement for violations pertaining to “designated two-hour free parking spaces” within a designated area of the city of Sidney, effective from April 1, 2021, through Dec. 31, 2021;
• To confirm City Manager Mark Cundiff recommendations regarding admission fees to the city water park;
• To authorize Cundiff to enter into a cost sharing agreement with the Board of Education of the Sidney City Schools for the installation of crosswalk improvements in the vicinity of Campbell Road and the Sidney High and Emerson Elementary Schools;
• To authorize Cundiff to file an application for state capital improvement program funds and to enter into any contracts necessary to obtain said funds;
• To authorize Cundiff to enter into an amended contract with the trustees of Orange Township for the rendering of emergency ambulance service within the entirety of Orange Township;
• To waive assessment and collection of fees for city-owed utility services rendered at 614 East Ave.;
• To authorize the grant of a revocable license to Murphy’s Craft Bar & Kitchen, LLC.
There will be discussions on the water tower maintenance contract and MVRMA bylaw amendments.
Council will also go into an executive session to consider the purchase of public property for public purposes.
Jackson Center Council
JACKSON CENTER — Jackson Center Village Council will meet Monday, March 8, at the Family Life Center, 310 Davis St., at 7 p.m. Those attending the re asked to wear a mask. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided to you.
Items on the agenda include committee reports, department reports and an executive session to discuss the purchase of real estate.
Fairlawn Board of Education
SIDNEY — Fairlawn Local School District Board of Education will meet Wednesday, March 10, at 6 p.m. in the Workforce Hanger.
Items on the agenda include administrative and board reports, an executive session to discuss personnel, and motions for employment, awarding contracts, accepting donations and approving volunteers for sports.
Botkins Board of Education
BOTKINS — Botkins Local School District Board of Education will meet Wednesday, March 10 at 7 p.m in the media center at the school.
Items on the agenda include a hearing for IDEA funds, committee reports, non renewal of supplemental contracts, hiring of substitutes, lease agreement with the Botkins Community Club, approval of tax rates of the Budget Commission, accepting donations and changing the date of the April board meeting.