• Packer Historical Center, 112 W. Main St., Anna, is open Thursdays from 6 to 8 p.m. and Sundays from 1 to 4 p.m.
• Martial arts classes teaching karate and jujitsu will be held from children aged 6 through adults at the Sidney-Shelby County YMCA. Classes will be held on Fridays from 6 to 7 p.m. for beginners at a cost of $22 for members and $40 for non-members for four classes. Advanced classes will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. and cost $44 for members and $80 for non-members for four classes. All classes are taught by Sensei David Smith, in partnership with Jukido-Kai School-Martial Arts.
• Kinetics classes are available at the Sidney-Shelby County YMCA and include: Mommy & Me (parent & child, ages 10 to 24 months); Pre-School Gymnastics (ages 2 to 5); Youth Gymnastics (ages 6+); Pre-Team Gymnastics; Acrobatic Gymnastics; Cheerleading classes; Tumbling classes; and Competitive Gymnastics Team. For days, times and cost, please visit www.sidney-ymca.org.
• Aquatics classes are available at the Sidney-Shelby County YMCA and include: Water Discovery/Exploration (parent & child, ages 6 months to 3 years); Preschool Swim Lessons (ages 3 to 6; swimmers in levels 1 through 3 must have a parent or adult in the water with the child); Youth Swim Lessons (ages 6+); Competitive Swim Team (Y Stingrays); Adult Swim Lessons (by appointment only); and Private & Semi-private Lessons available. For days, times and cost, please visit www.sidney-ymca.org.
• Brukner Nature Center will host a public event along the Sugar Bush Trail with “critter profiles” that participants can match animals to through the month of July. Admission for trails and building is free for members and $2.50 per non-member or $10 per family, excluding children and grandparents discounts.
• There will be a Sports Collectibles Show from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. July 23 and 24 at the Miami Valley Centre Mall, 987 E. Ash St., Piqua. For any questions regarding this show, or to reserve a table please call 937-773-0950.
• A food distribution event will be held Monday, July 19 from 5 to 7 p.m. at Sidney High School, 1215 Campbell Road, Sidney. Anyone in need can come to receive food. Only two households per vehicle, and recipients should have trunk space to load into. Recipients must be 18 years of age or older, have a valid photo I.D., be at or below 230% of the federal poverty guidelines, and sign or check-in a self-declaration eligibility to take food home form.
FRIDAY, JULY 9
• The Knights of Columbus, Sidney Chapter, will be hosting a fish fry from 5 to 7 p.m. at 1300 N. Fourth Ave., Sidney. Cost is $8 for carry-out and $5 for children 11 and under. Dine-in is unavailable at this time.
MONDAY, JULY 12
• Brukner Nature Center’s Young Birder’s Club will meet from 6 to 8 p.m. For more information please contact Brian at [email protected]
TUESDAY, JULY 13
• The Shelby County Genealogical Society meets at 7 p.m. in the Ross Historical Center, 201 N. Main Ave. Featured guess speaker is Debbie Carder Mayes.
• Sno Shack, located by Taco Bell in Troy, will donate 20% of all sales made from noon to 10 p.m. to Brukner Nature Center.