• Packer Historical Center, 112 W. Main St., Anna, is open Thursdays from 6 to 8 p.m. and Sundays from 1 to 4 p.m.
• Martial arts classes teaching karate and jujitsu will be held from children aged 6 through adults at the Sidney-Shelby County YMCA. Classes will be held on Fridays from 6 to 7 p.m. for beginners at a cost of $22 for members and $40 for non-members for four classes. Advanced classes will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. and cost $44 for members and $80 for non-members for four classes. All classes are taught by Sensei David Smith, in partnership with Jukido-Kai School-Martial Arts.
• Kinetics classes are available at the Sidney-Shelby County YMCA and include: Mommy & Me (parent & child, ages 10 to 24 months); Pre-School Gymnastics (ages 2 to 5); Youth Gymnastics (ages 6+); Pre-Team Gymnastics; Acrobatic Gymnastics; Cheerleading classes; Tumbling classes; and Competitive Gymnastics Team. For days, times and cost, please visit www.sidney-ymca.org.
• Aquatics classes are available at the Sidney-Shelby County YMCA and include: Water Discovery/Exploration (parent & child, ages 6 months to 3 years); Preschool Swim Lessons (ages 3 to 6; swimmers in levels 1 through 3 must have a parent or adult in the water with the child); Youth Swim Lessons (ages 6+); Competitive Swim Team (Y Stingrays); Adult Swim Lessons (by appointment only); and Private & Semi-private Lessons available. For days, times and cost, please visit www.sidney-ymca.org.
• Brukner Nature Center’s Homeschool Nature Club will hold sessions on Wednesday, Nov. 17 from 9:30 to 11 a.m. and 2 to 3:30 p.m. Homeschool Nature Club is geared toward children ages 5 to 11 and offers hands-on fun and educational lesson plans, using live wildlife and outdoor exploration. The fee for these programs is $5 for BNC Members and $8 for non-members per class. State health and safety guidelines for COVID-19 will be observed. All participants are required to wear a face mask. To pre-register, call 937-698-6493 or email email@example.com and wait for an email confirmation. Those who pre-register will have three days to mail a check or drop off payment in the new outdoor dropbox. If payment is not received within three days, the spot will open for another child. Final deadline to register and pay is the Monday before class.
• The Anna District Historical Society will host its first ever “Christmas on Main” on Saturday, Nov. 13 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., and Sunday, Nov. 15th from 1 to 4 p.m. at the Packer Historical Center on Main Street in Anna. Hand-crafted items will be on display to purchase by donation. All proceeds will go to support the Anna District Historical Society.
FRIDAY, NOV. 5
• The Houston Community Association will host a Pizza Friday Night from 5 to 8 p.m. at Houston Community Center, 5005 Russia-Houston Road, Houston. Both 14-inch and 16-inch pizzas will be available, as well as bread sticks. To order, call 937-295-3598. Pick-up and dine-in options are available, and profits support the association’s scholarship fund.
SATURDAY, NOV. 6
• Relay for Life of Shelby County will host their 28th Christmas Home Party & Craft Vendor Show from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Connection Point Church, 1510 Campbell Road, Sidney. Vendors attending the show include Avon, B Davis Pottery, Bracelets by Traci, Brittney’s Sweet Treats, Carole’s Country Treasures, Cathy’s Cocoa Bombs, CMC Candles, Color Street Nails, Crafty Cactus, Creations by Christine, doTerra, H&L Rice Bags, Hart of the Wood Designs, Jellie’s Candles, Kathy’s Kollections, Lilla Rose, Lostcreek Creations, Mary Kay, Monat Hair Care, Nancy’s Knits, Norwex, NuSkin, Pampered Chef, Paparazzi, Pink Zebra, Posey & Bee, Scentsy, Sis & Ma’s Crafts & Crochet, The Towel lady, Thirty One, Usborne, and Wreaths by Lori. There will be a silent auction, door prizes and admission is free. The Connection Point Relay For Life team will offer a soup and sandwich lunch.
• The Lima Symphony Orchestra will hold a concert at 7:30 p.m. at the Veterans Memorial Civic and Convention Center, 7 Town Square, Lima. The program, “From Mexico to Madrid,” will be led by Music Director Andrew Crust and feature virtuoso guitar soloist, Colin Davin. Following the concert there will be a post-concert reception on the Mezzanine level of Crouse Hall that all ticket holders are welcome to attend. Tickets range from $25 to $35 for adults and $10 to $15 for students. Tickets can be purchased online at www.limasymphony.com or by calling the symphony office at 419-222-5701. Program books are available digitally through the LSO website.
• The A.B. Graham Memorial Center will host an all-you-can-eat pancake breakfast from 7 to 10:30 a.m. at 8025 E. US Route 36, Conover. Menu includes pancakes, sausage and fried mush. cost is $8 per adult and $4 per child 12 or younger. Carry out is available.
• Darke County will showcase the 5th annual Fall into Christmas Food Truck Rally & Craft Show from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the Great Darke County Fairgrounds. The event will be rain or shine with free admission to the craft show. Parking costs $3 and all proceeds will benefit Solid Rock Apostolic Church in Bradford.
WEDNESDAY, NOV. 10
• The Angels in the Attic Craft Show will be held Nov. 10 through 12 from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Nov. 13 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Ross Historical Center, 201 N. Main Ave., Sidney. Admission is $2 and homemade crafts of all kinds will be available, as well as complimentary refreshments and food for purchase.