• Airstream Fine Art Invitational exhibit runs through Saturday, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., in the Airstream Service Center building, 419 W. Pike St., Jackson Center. Free.
• La Comedia Dinner Theatre, 765 W. Central Ave., Springboro, presents “Grease” through June 26. Times vary. Tickets: $59-$75 includes dinner. 800-677-9505.
• Shelby County Historical Society continues its exhibit, “Intrepid Women of Shelby County,” which runs through October, in the Ross Historical Center, 201 N. Main Ave. Monday-Friday, 1-5 p.m., Saturday, 9 a.m.-noon. Admission free.
• Dayton Art Institute, 456 Belmonte Park N., Dayton, presents its exhibit, “Into the Ether: Contemporary Light Artists,” through June 26. Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, 11 a.m.-5 p.m., Thursday, 11 a.m.-8 p.m., Sunday, noon-5 p.m. Tickets: $14 adults, $11 seniors, active military and students, $6 children 7-17, children 6 and under and members free. 937-223-4278.
• Troy-Hayner Cultural Center, 302 W. Main St., Troy, presents two exhibits, “Imagining a Better World: The Artwork of Nelly Toll,” through July 10 and photographs by Jerry McGlothen through July 8. Free. 937-339-0457.
• Decorative Arts Center of Ohio, 145 E. Main St., Lancaster, presents “Edith Head & Company,” an exhibit of theatrical and film costumes, today through Aug. 14. Free. 740-681-1423.
• Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, 1777 E. Broad St., Columbus, presents “Origami in the Garden,” large- and small-scale works in metal, through Nov. 13. Daily 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission: $13 adults, $10 seniors and students, $6 children 3-17, members and children 2 and under, free. fpconservatory.org.
• Rosewood Gallery, 2655 Olson Drive, Kettering, presents the 22nd annual exhibit, “The View,” today through July 8. Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Free. 937-296-0294.
• Worch Memorial Public Library in Versailles presents a talk, “Stand against Violence,” by Theo Makombe, at 5:30 p.m. Free.
• Jackson Center Community Days runs today and Friday from 5 to 11 p.m., Saturday from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. and Sunday from 10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Entertainment, food, rides, contests, children’s activities, parade at 2 p.m. Sunday. 596-6314.
• Schnormeier Gardens, 8701 laymon Road, Gambier, opens its private gardens to the public today through Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Free. 740-397-7698.
• Anna Community Branch Library hosts drop-in preschool playtime for children in preschool and kindergarten all day. Free. 394-2761.
• Strawberry Festival runs in downtown Troy today from 5 to 9 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Food, crafts, contests, entertainment. www.gostrawberries.com.
• Peony Festival runs in Fountain Park, 200 W. Main St., Van Wert, today from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Food, flowers, entertainment, activities. Parade at 5 p.m. Saturday. www.vwpeonyfestival.com.
• Darke County Parks hikes for butterfly monitoring at 2 p.m. Call 937-548-0165 for location.
• Dayton Theatre Guild, 430 Wayne Ave., Dayton, presents “Last Gas” at 8 p.m. Tickets: $13-$20 at 937-278-5993.
• GoodSeed Nursery presents its second annual GoodSeed Garden Expo at the Hilltop Event Center, 9764 Tri County Highway, Winchester, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Seminars, exhibits, workshops, food. Free. 937-695-0350.
• Darke County Parks opens its log house and blacksmith shop from 1 to 4 p.m. at Shawnee Prairie Preserve, 4267 state Route 502, Greenville. 937-548-0165.
• The Great Sidney Farmers Market runs from 8 a.m. to noon, on the courtsquare in downtown Sidney.
• Shelby County Libraries hosts “Exercise Your Mind: Read,” a 5K run/walk in Tawawa Park. Registration 7-18:15 a.m. Run/walk at 8:3 a.m. Fee: $15.
• Catacoustic Consort presents “La Fete du Ruel,” a world premiere opera, at 7:30 p.m. in the First Unitarian Church, 536 Linton St., Cincinnati. Tickets: $25 adults, $10 students, children under 12 free. 513-772-3242.
• Ohio History Center, 800 E. 17th Ave., Columbus, presents “She Wants to Vote” performed by the Echoes in Time Theatre at 1 p.m., every Saturday through June 25. Admission: $10 adults, $9 seniors, $5 children 6-12, children 5 and under free. 614-297-2300.
• The garden clubs of Van Wert County present the June Flower Show today and Sunday in the Van Wert County Fairgrounds, 1055 S. Washington St., Van Wert. 419-238-2744. Free.
• Wood County Historical Center & Museum, 13660 County Home Road, Bowling Green, presents the Power of Yesteryear Tractor Show today and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. 419-352-0967. Free.
• Truckers for Christ Ministry presents Spring Fling Gospel Singing in the Park in St. Mary’s Shelter House, near 158 High St., St. Marys, from noon to 5 p.m. Take lawn chairs. Donations will be collected. 419-204-7306.
• New Hope United Methodist Church, 8985 W. Mason Road, presents Sunday Drive in concert at 7 p.m. Donations will be collected.
• Springfield Symphony Orchestra presents its annual fundraiser, “Flavors,” from 6 to 9 p.m. in the Hollenbeck Bayley Conference Center, 275 S. Limestone St., Springfield. Food, auction, music. Tickets: $35 in advance at 937-325-8100, $40 at the door.
• The Miami and Erie Canal corridor Association hosts the Naitonal Trails Day Celebration and Hike at 10 a.m. on the Towpath Trail, Main and 6th streets, Spencerville. 419-733-6451.
• Village of Cridersville hosts an ice cream social from 4 to 9 p.m. in Legacy park, 300 E. Main St., Cridersville. Food, ice cream, games, entertainment, horse-drawn trolley rides.
• Southwestern Auglaize County Summer Concert Series presents the Lima Area Concert Band at 6:30 p.m. in the Crown Pavilion in New Bremen. Take lawn chairs. Free.
• Dayton Philharmonic Orchestra performs in the Tabernacle Baptist Church, 380 S. Broadway St., Dayton, at 4 p.m. Free.
• New Bremen Public Library presents Cardinal Carnival from 1 to 2 p.m. Games and bounce house. Free.
• New Knoxville Public Library kicks off its summer reading program, “On Your Mark, Get Set, Read,” with a party from 1 to 2 p.m. Free.
• Anna Community Branch Library, 304 N. Second St., Anna, presents Show Times with Sheila, movies and crafts, from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. Free.
• Woodland Cemetery and Arboretum presents a talk, “Woodland’s Indoor Mausoleum,” at 1 p.m. in the Vandalia Senior Center, 21 Tionda Drive S., Vandalia. Free.
• Stallo Memorial Library hosts storytime for all ages in Paris Street Park in Minster at 10 a.m., presents “Go Active” with Ronald McDonald at the library in Minster at noon, and “Imagine, Create, Construct with Legos, for children in kindergarten and older at 3:30 p.m. Free.
• Today is the deadline for children in grades three to eight to register of a free dance class, presented by the Sidney Parks and Recreation Department, scheduled for 9:30 a.m., June 14-15, in Deam Park. Registration at 498-8105.
• New Bremen Library hosts a game fun day for children from 1 to 1:30 p.m. and story time at 6:30 p.m. Advance registration required for games at 419-629-2158. Free.
• The Stallo Memorial Library in Minster hosts the Lego Club for children in kindergarten and older at 3:30 p.m. Free.
• Worch Memorial Public Library in Versailles hosts a knitting circle for knitters of all abilities from 5 to 7 p.m. Free.
• Victoria Theatre Association presents “The Lion King” in the Schuster Center in downtown Dayton, tonight through July 3. Times vary. Tickets: $25-$147 at www.ticketcenterstage.com and 937-228-3630.
• Salm McGill & Tangeman Funeral Home presents a lunch and learn talk, “Advance Funeral Planning,” by Don Tangeman, Steven Moore and Whitney Koehler, in the First Presbyterian Church, 202 N. Miami Ave. at noon. Advance registration required at 492-6736. Free.
• Sidney Parks and Recreation Department and Amos Memorial Library host Stories in the Parks in Green Tree Park at 11 a.m. Free.
• New Knoxville Library presents Summer Reading Program Crafternoon, a summer reading craft for all ages at 3:30 p.m. Advance registration required at 419-753-2724.
• New Knoxville Public Library hosts storytime for children 3 to first grade at 10:30 a.m. Free.
• New Bremen Public Library hosts story time at 10:30 a.m. Free.
• Today is the deadline for children in grades kindergarten to eight to register for Sidney Parks and Recreation Department Movie Day, scheduled for June 10 at 8:30 a.m. at the Senior Center, 304 S. West Ave. or for board games, scheduled for 16 at 9:30 a.m. in Humphrey Park or June 23 at 2:30 p.m. in Sherman Park. Register at 498-8105. Free.
Compiled by Patricia Ann Speelman. Submit items to [email protected]