Shelby County Board of Elections
SIDNEY — The Shelby County Board of Elections will meet at 7:30 a.m., Monday, Jan. 22, at the board office.
The board will discuss the status of open records requests policy, ballot syncing, and will enter executive session to discuss the hiring process for director.
Sidney City Council
SIDNEY — The Sidney City Council will meet Monday, Jan. 22, at 6:30 p.m. in council chambers in the Municipal Building.
There will be a presentation on the street levy update.
It is expected for council to adopt two ordinances to amend sections of the codified ordinances regarding the organizational chart and salary increments, and an ordinance making supplemental appropriations for 2018.
Council will also be introduced to an ordinance to amend a section of the codified ordinances of the city of Sidney.
Council is expected to adopt six resolutions, and they are:
• To authorize and approve refurbished Zenas King Arch Bridge in Tawawa Park;
• To confirm the reappointment of John D. Schmitt to the Civil Service Commission;
• To reappoint Stan Frye to the Stormwater Appeals Board;
• To authorize the city manager to file one or more applications with the Ohio Department of Natural Resources for grant funding through the Recreational Trails Program and the Clean Ohio Trails Fund, in connection with the costs associated with The Great Miami River Trail project;
• To appoint Robert Baird and Ralph F. Keister III and to confirm the appointment of Barbara Dulworth to the Local Board of Tax Review;
• To authorize and direct the law director to initiate litigation against Vectren Energy Delivery of Ohio and USIC, LLC to collect a debt;
There will also be discussion about the tax levy renewal and land bank concerns.
Jackson Center Village Council
JACKSON CENTER — The Jackson Center Village Council will meet in regular session, Monday, Jan. 22, at 7 p.m.
The council will consider village income taxes, the county’s natural hazards-mitigation plan, electric service terms, fire department appointments and an engineering contract for the Jerry Drive substation project.
The council will then move into executive session to discuss real estate matters.
North Central Ohio Solid Waste District Board of Directors
KENTON — The Board of Directors of the North Central Ohio Solid Waste Management District will hold its regular quarterly meeting on Wednesday, Jan. 24, at 10 a.m. at the Mid-Ohio Energy Cooperative Inc., 1210 W. Lima St., Kenton.