SIDNEY – On Thursday, a Shelby County grand jury indicted the man accused of attempting an armed robbery at a Botkins bank in February.
Miquel Junior Rodriquez Rolon, 21, 103 Dinsmore St., Botkins, was indicted for burglary, a second-degree felony; grand theft, a third-degree felony; and aggravated robbery, a first-degree felony. He remains incarcerated at the Shelby County Jail on a $50,000 bond.
According to court records, Rolon is accused of attempting to rob a woman at gunpoint while depositing money at the ATM at the US Bank, 108 S. Mill St., on March 2.
The SDN reported that officers were dispatched to the bank at 8:48 p.m. on a report of an armed robbery. Authorities claim Rolon had walked up to the victim’s vehicle while she was depositing money into the ATM, brandished a gun, and demanded all the victim’s money.
After not getting any money from the victim, the suspect fled on foot. Later that evening, Botkins Police received a call from a local citizen reporting footprints outside their window.
Officers followed the footprints leading them to Rolon at his residence, where he was arrested without incident.
The burglary and grand theft charges stem from an alleged Feb. 10 theft of a Glock 23C 40 caliber pistol from a home at 505 E. State St., Botkins.
The grand jury also indicted several additional people during their session. They included:
*Tony M. Williams, 43, 4900 Sandusky Road, Lima, disseminating matter harmful to juveniles, a fifth-degree felony. He is accused of sending an electronic nude and obscene images to a seven-year-old juvenile.
*Bradley Wayne Callahan, 37, 3030 State Route 66, Houston, grand theft with specification. He is accused of stealing a steel building kit valued at $29,378 from 3035 State Route 66, Houston. The use of his truck was noted as the specification stipulation.
*Charles Freeman, 55, Fort Wayne, Indiana, receiving stolen property, operating a motor vehicle under the influence (OVI), and, an OVI with specified concentration of alcohol.
• Steven J. Pope, 2400 Wapakoneta Ave., Trailer 11, possession of drugs.
• Kenneth A. Henderson, 28, 315 Charles Ave., three counts trafficking in drugs.
• Christy A. Wilkins, 41, 3333 S. County Road 25A, aggravated possession of drugs and possessing criminal tools.
• Levi W. Fitzpatrick, 20, 1220 Morris Ave., possession of drugs.
• Emilio Mathew Juarez, 34, 330 Maple St., domestic violence.
• Jessica Work, 30, at large, two counts of aggravated passion of drugs.
• Brittany Van Horn, 26, 2743 Kristy Way, aggravated possession of drugs.
• Brittany N. Lemaster, 27, at large, receiving stolen property and misuse of credit card.
• Brock Frasure, 41, 2805 Wapakoneta Ave., Lot 68, possession of drugs.
• Alan C. Stephens, 35, 6830 Main St., Pemberton, possession of drugs, possession of criminal tools, and operating a motor vehicle under the influence.
• Elissa A. Graham, 22, 217 1/2 E. North St., two counts possession of drugs.
The writer is a regular contributor to the Sidney Daily News