• Maria Stein Shrine of the Holy Relics, 2291 St. John’s Road, Maria Stein, exhibits the Halhotra Collection of art honoring Mother Teresa through December. Hours: Monday through Thursday, 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Sunday, noon to 4 p.m. Free. 419-925-4532.
• David Owsley Museum of Art at Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana, exhibits work by Edward Gorey, “Gorey’s Worlds,” which through Dec. 21. Hours: 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday; 1:30 to 4:30 p.m., Saturday and Sunday. Admission free. 765-285-5242.
• Columbus Museum of Art, 480 E. Broad St., Columbus, exhibits, “I, Too, Sing America: The Harlem Renaissance at 100,” through Jan. 20. Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Thursday, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. General admission: $14 adults; $8 seniors 60 and older, students 18 and older; $5 students 6-17 and everyone Thursdays from 5 to 9 p.m.; children 5 and under free. Special exhibits: Members free; nonmembers $6. 614-221-6801.
• Dayton Art Institute, 456 Belmonte Park N., Dayton, exhibits “Muse: Mickalene Thomas Photographs Tete-a-tete” adult art, through Jan. 13. Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Thursday, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Sunday, noon to 5 p.m. Admission: $14 adults, $11 seniors 60 and older, students 18 and older and active military; $6 children 7 to 17; children 6 and under free. 937-223-4278.
• La Comedia Dinner Theatre, 765 W. Central Ave., Springboro, presents “Irving Berlin’s White Christmas” through Dec. 31. Tickets: $61-$75, includes dinner. Times vary. 800-677-9505.
• Amos Memorial Public Library, 230 E. North St, exhibits the 41st annual Ohio Watercolor Society Traveling Exhibition through Dec. 31. Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Saturday, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Free.
• Gateway Arts Council, 216 N. Miami Ave., exhibits “Loose Threads and Sanded Edges,” furniture by Gene Hoellrich and quilts by the Loose Threads Quilt Club, Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. through Jan. 4. Free. 498-2787.
• Dragon Lights Columbus runs Dec. 24, Dec. 31, and Tuesdays through Sundays, through Jan. 6 in the Natural Resources Park, 717 E. 17th Ave., Columbus, from 5:30 to 10 p.m. Chinese lanterns, entertainment, crafts, marketplace, food. Tickets at the gate: $19 adults; $14 children 5-16; $14 seniors and active military. All tickets $2 less online at www.dragonlightsabq.com.
• Moon City Music and Event Center, 1208 Lunar Dr., Wapakoneta, presents Crabgrass in concert at 7 p.m. Tickets: $10 at the door.
• Fort Loramie Historical Association hosts Williamsburg Christmas Dinners tonight, Saturday and Sunday in the Wilderness Trail Museum, 37 N. Main St., Fort Loramie. Tickets, $30, must be purchased in advance. 937-295-2659.
• AMVETS Post No. 1986, 1319 Fourth Ave., hosts a chicken and fish fry from 4 to 7 p.m. Dine in or carry out. Meals: $7.
• Gateway Arts Council presents the Cincinnati Children’s Theatre production of “Reindeer Games” at 7 p.m. in the Cameo Theater, 304 S. West Ave. Tickets: $6 adults, $4 childen. 498-2787.
• Brukner Nature Center, 5995 Horseshoe Bend Road, Troy, hosts its Winter Arts and Crafts Show from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Admission free. 937-698-6493.
• Apple Farm Service, 19161 Kentner Road, Botkins, will host Santa’s workshop from 9 a.m. to noon. Photos with Santa, crafts, refreshments. Free. applefarmservice.com.
• Darke County Parks presents the 11th annual Walkin’ in a Winter Wonderland at Shawnee Prairie Preserve, 4267 state Route 502, Greenville, from 6 to 9 p.m. Luminaries, refreshments, marshmallow roasting, campfires, children’s crafts, cookie decoration, gift shop, Santa. Advance registration required at 937-548-0165. Free.
• Shelby County Historical Society presents the 19th annual Christmas of Yesteryear at the Ross Historical Center, 201 W. Main Ave., from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Gingerbread house-decorating, ornament craft, visit with Santa (photos, $5), woodcarving demonstrations, model train exhibit, chestnuts and popcorn. Admission free. 498-1653.
• Amos Memorial Public Library, 230 E. North St., hosts a holiday open house from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Live reindeer, Santa and Mrs. Claus, crafts, entertainment, refreshments. Free.
• Sidney Alive offers horse and carriage rides around the courtsquare in downtown Sidney from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Free, but donations are accepted.
• StoryPoint Troy, 1840 Towne Park Drive, Troy, hosts Home for the Holidays 2018 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Vendors, silent auction, Christmas displays. 937-440-3600.
• Garst Museum, 205 N. Broadway, Greenville, hosts a holiday open house from 1 to 4 p.m. “Christmas on the Farm” hightlights 13 historic Darke County barns. Admission free. 937-548-5250.
• Moon City Music and Even Center, 1208 Lunar Dr., Wapakoneta, presents The Crownsmen in concert at 3 p.m. Tickets: $10 at the door.
• Lock One Community Arts presents “Helen Welch: A Carpenters’ Christmas, Snow Days and Mondays” at 3 p.m. in the Dicke Auditorium in New Bremen High School, 901 E. Monroe St., New Bremen. Tickets: $25 adults, $10 students. 567-356-2048.
• Gateway Arts Council presents “Simply Sinatra Christmas” at 2 and 7 p.m. in the Sidney High School auditorium, 1215 Campbell Road. Tickets: $23 each; buy three and get one free. 498-2787.
• Botkins Beautification Club hosts the 12th annual Christmas Tour of Homes from 3 to 5:30 p.m. Four decorated houses. Tickets: $10 adults, children under 12 free, at Ask Amy Staging, 212 W. State St., Botkins.
• Santa’s Market runs from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. in Fort Loramie High School, 575 Greenback Road, Fort Loramie. Crafts and gifts, entertainment, children’s activities, Santa from noon to 2 p.m. Admission: $2 or two canned food items.
• Christmas in the Village runs in Botkins from noon to 3:30 p.m. Cookie decorating and Mrs. Claus at the library from noon to 2 p.m. Games at the fire station from 1 to 3 p.m. Magic show at the fire station at 1:30 p.m. Ornament display and Santa Claus at Botkins Historical Society from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.
• Christmas in the Village runs in Jackson Center from 4:30 to 8 p.m. Soup dinner at Methodist Church from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m., tree lighting and caroling at 5:30 p.m. Santa arrives. Refreshments and live nativity at bank. Horse-drawn wagon rides, fish pond, children’s crafts, cards to soldiers.
• New Bremen Public Library offers 12 days of Christmas crafts, a different craft each day the library is open from today through Dec. 30, offers board games and Legos from 3 to 5 p.m. and technology help from 5 to 7 p.m. Advance registration for crafts and tech help. at 419-629-2158. Free.
• New Knoxville Community Library offers technology help from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. today and a Christmas craft today, Wednesday and Dec. 6 from 3 to 6 p.m. Advance registration required for tech help at 419-753-2724.
• Stallo Memorial Library in Minster offers technology help from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Advance registration required at 419-628-2925.
• Upper Valley Medical Center Gift Shop, 3130 N. county Road 25A, Troy, hoss a holiday open house from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Discouts, door prizes, refreshments. 937-440-4995.
• Darke County Parks hosts Project FeederWatch, bird-watching, from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. today and 3 to 5 p.m., Wednesday in the Nature Center, 4267 state Route 502, Greenville. Take binoculars. Free.
• New Bremen Public Library offers story time for children up to first grade at 6:30 p.m. 419-629-2158.
• Stallo Memorial Library in Minster hosts story time at 10:30 a.m., Lego Club for children in kindergarten and older at 3:30 p.m. and Lego Robotics Club for children in grades 3 to 7 at 4:30 p.m. Advance registration required for robotics at 419-628-2925.
• Alzheimer’s Association, Miami Valley Chapter hosts a talk, “Healthy Living for Your Brain and Body, at 6 p.m., in the Troy-Miami County Library, 419 W. Main St., Troy. Free.
• Amvets Post 1986, 1319 Fourth Ave., hosts wing night from 4 to 7 p.m. Dine in wings, 60 cents each; carry out wings 70 cents each.
• Stallo Memorial Library in Minster hosts Coffee & Crafts for adults at 10:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. Advance registration required at 419-628-2925.
• DeGraff Hometown Holiday begins at 6 p.m. in downtown DeGraff. Santa, crafters, free horse-drawn wagon rides.
• Darke County Parks presents a talk, “Thru-hiking the Buckeye Trail,” by Andy Niekamp at 6:30 p.m. in the Shawnee Prairie Preserve Nature Center, 4267 state Route 502, Greenville. Free. 937-548-0165.
• Joint Township District Memorial Hospital and Otterbein St. Marys host Senior Supper Hour at 5 p.m. in the Meyer Room at Otterbein St. Marys, 11230 state Route 364, St. Marys. Meal and entertainment by Simply Joseph. Fee: $7. 419-394-3335, ext. 1128.
• Raise the Roof for the Arts screens “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation” in the Historic Sidney Theatre, 120 W. Poplar St., at 6:30 p.m. Free.
• New Bremen Public Library offers story time for children up to first grade at 10:30 a.m. 419-629-2158.
• New Knoxville Community Library offers family story time at 10:30 a.m. and a book discussion of “The Woman in the Window” at 6 p.m.
• Ohio Statehouse Holiday Festival and Tree Lighting runs from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Ohio Statehouse, 1 Capitol Square, Columbus. Tree lighting, Santa and Mrs. Claus, arts and crafts, games, entertainment, refreshments. Free.
Compiled by Patricia Ann Speelman. Submit event notices to firstname.lastname@example.org.