SIDNEY — Shelby County commisioners have adopted a resolution declaring opposition to proposed Ohio House Bill 343, which would amend sections of the Ohio Revised Code to exempt employment services and employment placement services from sales and use tax.
The actions taken during recent meetings include:
• Opening three bids for the 2016 roadside mowing program and taking them under advisement.
• Accepting quotes from Terry Asphalt, of Hamilton, Asphalt Materials Inc., of Oregon, and K-Tech Specialty Coatings, of Ashley, Indiana, for liquid bituminous materials and from Barrett Paving Materials, of Middletown, for asphalt concrete materials for the 2016 road maintenance program.
• Authorized advertising for bids for the Pence Road bridge deck-replacement project. Bids will be opened, March 24 at 11 a.m.
• Authorized advertising for bids for the 2016 resurfacing program. Bids will be opened, March 24, at 11 a.m.
• Awarded a 2016 roadside mowing contract to Quick-Mow Inc., of Millersburg, in the amount of $79,319.04.
• Approved the second and final payment in the amount of $126,560 to Jutte Excavating Inc., of Fort Recovery, for the Shelby County sewer district standpipe mixing and Fair Haven WWTP improvements project.
• Approved amendment to Job and Family Services contracts with the Counseling Center for Wellness/Ohio Behavioral Health Care from $44,800 to $65,000, with Innovative Family Supports from $45,000 to $60,000 and with Isaiah’s Place from $35,000 to $55,500.
• Designated Shelby County Job and Family Services TANF Agency as the lead agency to be responsible for administering the Comprehensive Case Management and Employment Program, effective July 1.
• Entered into an agreement with Habitat for Humanity of Miami & Shelby Counties to provide up to $20,000 of HOME housing program income funds from Shelby County’s CHIP program for the construction of a single family dwelling.
• Awarded a contract to Brumbaugh Construction Inc. for the Fair Road/Water Street structure and paved channel project in the amount of $444,227.
• Entered into an agreement with Freytag & Associates Inc. for structural, mechanical and electrical engineering services for the Fair Haven project to equal 8 percent of the construction costs.
• Signed a proclamation declaring March 2016 as American Red Cross Month, encouraging all citizens to observe this month with support and appreciation for the work of service and relief organizations.
• Accepted quote in the amount of $3,276.63 from Buckeye Power Sales Co. Inc. to repair a generator at the jail.
Reach the writer at 937-538-4824.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU