RUSSIA — The Russia Board of Education met this week and learned they were the recipients of an $8,000 grant.
The grant, received from Cargill Incorporated, has the potential for an additional amount later in the school year. This grant money along with other donations was used to purchase Google Chromebooks.
Also at the board meeting this week, the Board passed a motion to approve a contract as presented with Capital Aluminum to replace existing windows in certain areas of the school, at a total cost of $95,300.
The Board employed the following people:
• Jamie Baumer, as a substitute teachers at a rate of $85 per day for the 2016-17 school year on an as-needed basis.
• Dawn Luthman and Missy Seger as Junior High Track Coaches at an annual salary of $1,306 each for the 2016-17 school year.
• Angie Lachat as a part time classified aide at an hourly rate of $12.32 for the 2016-17 school year on an as needed basis.
They also approved Brad Heaton as varsity boys and girls indoor track coach.
The board accepted donations of:
• $500 from the Doc & Hilda Francis Family Foundation to the Russia Cheer Fund.
• $500 from Midmark Corporation on behalf of Tim and Heather Wenrick to be used for volleyball.