SIDNEY — Spring sports season is just around the corner.
Sidney City Schools Board of Education approved the supplemental contracts for the spring sports coaching staffs. Various other contracts were also awarded.
One-year contracts for coaches were awarded to Wade New, head softball coach, $5,522; Kerri Adkins, junior varsity softball coach, $2,442; Chuck Westerbeck, freshman/assistant varsity softball coach, $2,630; Thomas Goffena, head baseball coach, $5,259; Corey Cotterman, junior varsity baseball coach, $2,066; Mike Roby, Sidney Middle School baseball coach, $1,878; Ian Klinger, head boys track coach, $3,757; Evan Baker, assistant boys track coach, $3,945; Ruth Baker, head girls track coach, $4,508; Allan Egbert, SHS assistant track coach, $4,142; Joe Stockton, SHS assistant track coach, $3,193; Brian Johnson, SHS assistant track coach, $2,442; Frank Hall, SMS track coach, $3,550; Joe Spangler, SMS track coach, $3,550; ShaRhonda Johnson, SMS track coach, $2,630; Donovan Gregory, head boys tennis coach, $2,254; Kyle Coleman, spring strength coach, $1,127, and summer strength coach, $1,127; Frank Guillozet, freshman/assistant varsity baseball coach, $3,381; and Victoria Purk, SMS softball coach, $1,503.
Laney Shaw received a one-year supplemental contract as the assistant musical director at $751.
The board also hired:
• Annette Johnson, home instruction tutor, $26.11 per hour on an as needed basis.
• Lynda Higgins, cook, $10.85 per hour.
• Alyssa Stang, substitute teacher, $90 per day.
• Leo Woods and Gary Clark, substitute custodians, $13.59 per hour; Emily Lewis, substitute aide, $11.34 per hour; Jennifer Ivey, substitute aide, $11.34 per hour, and substitute secretary, $13.68 pr hour.
• Melissa Rice, Jason Alexander, Bridget Steed, Angie Gosciewski, Kerri Adkins, Teresa Cegledy, Brandi Clune, Nichole Jackson, Annette Johnson, Amanda Martin, Robyn Gossard, Kay Straman, Carey Bonifas, Michelle Rudasill, Carrie Clark, Michelle Angell and Chad Grimm as Title I after school program teachers at $26 per hour.
• Sara Cowan, Julia Helman, Summer VanHook, Diane Cavinder, Kris Masteller, Cheryl Niswonger, Christine Garcia-Sanchez, Eileen Ferree, Judith Shepherd, Terri Klosterman, Chase Clark and Michaela Topalov as Title I after school program aides at $12.59 per hour.
• Bill Rippey, Ken Kellner, Megan Hayzlett, Marissa Thompson, Tori Purk and Troyann Freytag for the T3 tutoring program teachers at SMS, $26 per hour.
• Hilary Davis to work athletic events per the OHSAA guidelines.
The board’s next meeting will be Tuesday, Feb. 20, at 6 p.m. at the board of education office.
Reach the writer at 937-538-4822.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU