DAYTON — An eight-day space celebration will take place from July 30 through Aug. 7 at the National Museum of the U.S. Air Force.
The Space Celebration offers something for the whole family to enjoy and includes guest speakers, space-themed exhibits, a build-and-launch rocket activity and a 21+ After Dark event.
Highlights of the Space Celebration include:
• Appearances by fictional space characters from 501st Legion on July 30 and Aug. 6
• Special Presentations on the Titan IVB by Col. Elena Oberg (USAF Retired) on Aug. 1
• Open Aircraft on Aug. 2 and 3
• After Dark 21+ ticketed event with the Air Force Museum Foundation on Aug. 5
• Stargaze Bounce House on Aug. 5, 6 and 7
• Evening Star Gazing with the Miami Valley Astronomical Society on Aug. 6
• Rocket Day – Build and launch rockets with the Wright Stuff Rocketeers on Aug. 6
• Displays of rarely seen artifacts on Aug. 6
• Lunar Rover Vehicle display from the Armstrong Air & Space Museum on Aug. 6 and 7
• Space Lego® display from Cincy LUG and Build Your Own tables daily
• Plus: Face Painting, Balloon Twisters, Space Ice Cream, Space Trivia and more
For more detailed information about times and events at the Space Celebration, please visit the museum website at https://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/Upcoming/Space-Celebration/.