BOTKINS — The Botkins Board of Education elected Neil Boerger as president for the calendar year of 2019, and Mark Goubeaux as vice president, during its reorganizational meeting on Jan. 9. The board also met for regular session.
During the reorganizational session, several board members were appointed to administrative committees, including, Neil Boerger and Mark Goubeaux, for negotiations; Scott Bayless and Neil Boerger, for the park board; Mark Goubeaux and Scott Bayless, for BCIC; Anita Uetrecht, for Louise Sheets; Jason Wendel and Neil Boerger, for boosters; and Mark Goubeaux, for scholarships.
In other reorganizational business, the board:
• Set the compensation for Botkins Board of Education members at $40 per meeting for calendar year 2019 with compensation not to exceed 12 meetings per year.
• Established the date of the 2nd Wednesday of each month, the time of 7:00 PM and the location of the school media center as the standard date, time and location for the regularly scheduled meetings of the Botkins Board of Education during 2019.
• Designated Anita Uetrect as the Botkins Board of Education legislative liaison to the O.S.B.A. during 2019.
• Designated Anita Uetrecht as the Botkins Board of Education student achievement liaison during 2019.
• Designated the Sidney Daily News and the Wapakoneta Daily News as the official newspapers of the Botkins School District during 2019.
• Approved expenses for board members, teachers, administrators, and classified staff members for attending professional meeting and when conducting school business, to set the mileage rate at .50 cents per mile.
• Appointed Anita Uetrecht as the treasurer pro-tempore in the treasurer’s absence during a board meeting.
• Approved the cost of Bonding for the treasurer, school secretaries, superintendent, board president, and other school employees as necessary for calendar year 2019.
• Approved participation in the following for 2019-20: all Federal/Title funds associated with the CCIP, free lunch program, VoAg matching grant, Ohio K-12 network, etech-REAP, AP Virtual Learning, Ohio School Safety Grant, BWC Safety Grant.
• Set the cost to the public for copies of public records at .10 cents per page for the 2019 year.
The board authorized the treasurer to secure advances from the Shelby County Auditor when funds are available and payable to the school district; to invest any inactive funds at the most productive interest rate; to pay bills and to make appropriation modifications as needed within the limits of the appropriation measure; and, in conjunction with the board president, to borrow funds in anticipation of tax receipts.
The board authorized the superintendent to employ such temporary personnel as is needed for emergency situations; to serve as the district purchasing agent; and to be the district Title IX compliance officer for Botkins School District.
During regular session, the board hired three candidates in the following positions for the 2018-2019 school year, including Danielle Schneider, as winter seasonal help; Jason Jones, as varsity baseball coach; and Tony Rampulla, as assistant varsity baseball coach.
The board also:
• Recognized the board for School Board Appreciation Month.
• Set the cost of Driver’s Education at $325 for Botkins students and $375 for non-Botkins students for the 2019-2020 school year.
• Agreed to join the OSBA for the calendar year 2019 at a rate of $2,896.
• Approved the purchase of a 72-passenger Blue Bird bus from Cardinal through the Southwestern EPC in the amount of $78,200. Authorization was also given for a 3-year note with Cardinal Bus (through TCF Equipment Finance) at an interest rate of 4.6 percent, and to approve the treasurer to sign off on the loan paperwork.
• Hired Hope Ruhenkamp, Elizabeth Barhorst, Hannah Vondrell, and Taylor Quay as substitute teachers for the 2018-2019 school year at a rate of $90 per day.
The next BOE meeting will be held, Wednesday, Feb. 13, at 7 p.m., in the Media Center.