RUSSIA — The Russia Local School Board of Education met on Wednesday, Dec. 16.
Superintendent Steven Rose discussed the 2014-2015 preliminary standardized testing scores comparing the scores with and without the opt-out students. Preliminary scores will be shared with the community in the January Newsletter. The districts Performance Index will include the students who did not take the test which will have a substantial negative impact on the districts score.
The board passed motions to:
• Employ Brooke Pierron, Ted Oldiges, and Bethanie Caldwell as substitute teachers at a rate of $80 per day for the 2015-16 school year on an as-needed basis.
• Approve Brad Heaton as Varsity Boys and Girls Indoor Track Coach for the 2015-16 school year.
• Employ Kerry Dulaney as a substitute aide for a student in the Anna MH Program at a rate of $12 per hour for the 2015-16 school year.
• Approve January 4-15, 2016, as days without pay for Jennifer Wysocki to travel abroad.
• Approve the following students to participate in the 2015-16 Indoor Track & Field Season on behalf of Russia Local School: Weston Lavy, Claire Meyer, Becky Pinchot, Maddie Moorman and Megan Frazier.
• Approve membership to the Ohio School Board Association at an annual rate of $2,934 for the 2016 calendar year.
The board approved bills as submitted and the financial summary report, the updated spending plan and the three year spending plan comparison were reviewed.
Rose review the latest NEOLA policy updates with the Board. The policies as reviewed will be approved at the January meeting.
The board also accepted several donations. They accepted:
• $900 in various donations to be used for a Gaga Court to be installed on the playground.
• $1,000 from the Russia Wellness Foundation for scholarship purposes.
• $500 from the Doc & Hilda Francis Family Foundation to the Russia Cheer Fund.
• $625 from the Russia Music Boosters for scholarship purposes.