NEW KNOXVILLE – The New Knoxville Board of Education met Wednesday morningJune 19, to hear an update on graduation, approve various budget items and new hires.
Jenny Fledderjohann, grade 4 to 12 principal, said 35 seniors graduated on May 26. The guest speaker was ‘94 alumi Lt. Col. Robin Johnson. Alicia Weadock and Samantha Neuman were co-valedictorians while Jashua Shroyer was salutatorian. Superintendent Kim Waterman also added her thoughts to the seniors.
Budget items approved included:
• A $1307 donation from New Knoxville Athletic Boosters to go toward the gym addition fund.
• Payments to Weigandt Development for school chimney modifications and to replace the concrete in front window box wells.
• Liability, Property, and Fleet insurance from Southwest Ohio Educational Purchasing Council
• Sports Medicine Service agreement
• Appointing Waterman as Public Records Officer delegate on behalf of the Board of Education.
• Transferring $600 from the general fund to the volleyball account.
New hires approved included Jocelyn Warfield and Elizabeth as teachers and Nancy Fiegel as Gatekeeper adviser for the 2018-19 and 2019-20 school years.
The writer is a regular contributor to the Sidney Daily News.