NEW KNOXVILLE — The New Knoxville Board of Education has approved salary raises of 6 percent each for the superintendent and treasurer.
The action was taken following an executive session during the regular board meeting June 29.
In other business, the board:
• Approved the following hires: John Sailer as a teacher of junior high language arts and the yearbook adviser; Jenny Heitkamp as a guidance counselor; Samantha Fledderjohann as junior high cross country coach; Anna Jaynes as assistant varsity volleyball coach; Tawnya Brogan and Amanda Shroyer as substitute custodians; Cindy Rollins and Tori Hoelscher as eighth-grade concessions co-advisers; and Marcus Reineke as boys’ junior varsity basketball coach.
• Accepted the resignation of teacher Jill Roode.
• Approved a contract with West Central Ohio Assistive Technology for devices used by students with disabilities.
• Approved a contract with the Auglaize County Health Department for nursing services.
• Approved revisions to the administrative handbook.
• Approved quotes from Elshoff Property Improvements not to exceed $9,300 for the installation of four outside lights and replacement of the front sidewalk. Superintendent Kim Waterman said the school is also working with the village of New Knoxville concerning the lights.
Treasurer Cathy Doseck reported that the Ohio School Facilities Commission project, which had to do with filing final reports with the state concerning building construction, was complete.
Board member Phil Kuck announced that any interested persons in the community wishing to be a candidate for the New Knoxville School Board during the November 2015 elections should go to the Auglaize County Board of Elections for the necessary instructions and petition forms, which must be turned in by Aug. 5.
Reach the writer at 937-538-4824; follow her on Twitter @PASpeelmanSDN.