HOUSTON — The Hardin-Houston Board of Education met Monday night to hire staff for the 2016-17 school year.
The board approved the following extended time contracts for the next school year, as per adopted salary schedule per diam rate:
Stephanie Merickel, guidance counselor, up to 20 days, $6,225.79
David Reister, band director, up to 15 days, $5,172.21
Abby Pleiman, FCCLA, up to 10 days, $2,377.10
Janet McClurg, librarian, up to 10 days, $3,184.75
They accepted the resignation, with regret of John Willoughby, Business Education Teacher and Athletic Director, effective at the conclusion of the 2015-2016 contract year.
The board employed Michele Garber, as a high school aide, and Misty Gibson, as an elementary aide, contingent upon successful background check and proper licensure, for the 2016-2017 school year.
They employed Ron Boeke, Bill McKinney, and Tyler Roeth as high school and junior high girls and boys cross country coaches for the 2016-17 school year at a rate of $531.15 each.
The board approved salary increases effective Aug. 1, 2016. Salaries of Larry Claypool, Sara Roseberry, and Matt Stephens will be increased by three percent. Salaries of Amy Ayers and Ryan Maier will be increased by four percent.
Also at the meeting Monday night, the board:
• Approved the OHSAA membership for grades seven to 12.
• Approved the Memorandum of Understanding between the Hardin-Houston Board of Education and the Hardin-Houston Education Association.
• Approved stipend of $4,000 to Becky Heitman, as Transportation Coordinator, for the 2016-2017 school year.
• Approved the Preschool Education contract with the Shelby County Board of Developmental Disabilities for the 2016-2017 school year.
• Approved school board policies.
• Approved service agreements with the Midwest Regional Educational Service Center for a part-time Title I Teacher and MD aide.
The next regular board meeting will be Monday, June 20, 2016, at 7 p.m. in the Media Center.