RUSSIA — During the regular Russia Board of Education meeting Wednesday night, the board hired various staff members for the 2016-17 school year.
They passed motions to employ:
• Mikey Meyer as music assistant at a salary of $653.
• Carla Meyer as a volunteer assistant band director.
• Nicki Voisard on a purchased service contracted amount not to exceed $500 as a yearbook photographer.
They also passed a motion to revise the substitute teacher compensation to $85 per day, then hired Rick Gold, Connie Brunswick, Kathy Bevans, Mark Youtz, and Ola Schafer as substitute teachers.
They also approved Kathy Bevans as a long-term substitute teacher for Jill Schwieterman’s maternity leave during the 2016-2017 school year.
The board hired Kim Goubeaux, Tina Alt, Lorri Lively, Lori Cordonnier, Cheryl Scott, Angie Robinson, and Jessi Sherman as classified substitute aides at a rate of $74.35 per day for the school year on an as needed basis. As well as Carole Bruns, Cheryl Scott, Kim Goubeaux, Angie Robinson, Lori Cordonnier, Jessi Sherman and Tina Alt as substitute cafeteria cooks at a rate of $69.11 per day for the school year on an as needed basis.
The retirement of August Cordonnier was approved, effective June 1, 2016. They also re-hired her as a van driver for the school year on an as needed basis.
A motion passed to amend the following coaching salaries due to change in policy calculating years of experience:
• Kyle Schafer, freshman boys basketball coach, $1,796
• Janelle Cantwil, JV volleyball coach, $1,796
• Tonya Hammonds, junior high girls basketball coach, $1,437
• Terry Daugherty, varsity boys and girls golf coach, $3,143
The tuition rate for the 2016-17 school year was approved at $4,759.09, and the driver’s education program with Fort Loramie Local Schools was approved at a rate of $395 per student.
They also approved a resolution with US Bank for district depository agreement for a period of five years, Aug. 23, 2016 to Aug. 23, 2021.
In addition, they accepted donations of $300 from Pepsi Cola to be used for scholarship purposes and $600 from Pepsi Cola to be used within the athletic department.