FORT LORAMIE — The Fort Loramie Local Schools Board of Education approved a payment of $10,571.54 to Kirk National Lease for maintenance costs outside of the contracted agreement for the 2014/2015 school year.
This amount was more than what the superintendent is permitted to authorize; therefore, the board had to approve the payment.
In other action during the Aug. 17 meeting, the board:
• Accepted a $10,000 donation from Cargill in support of the Chrome Book program.
• Approved a pay rate of $20 per hour for athletic event management/supervision for those events requiring assistance to the athletic director.
• Approved the free and reduced price lunch policy and forms for the 2015/2016 school year.
• Resolved that it is impractical to transport two special education students to Fort Loramie School by bus; therefore, said transportation will be provided in the driver’s education car by a van-certified aide who is also the aide for these students.
• Approved rental agreements with the St. Michaels Education program and the Christian Education programs from Aug. 19, 2015, through June 1, 2016, at a rate of $300 each.
• Approved the waste-disposal bid from Republic Service for waste disposal at a rate of $409.50 per month for school year 2015/2016.
• Approved a contract with Midwest Regional Educational Service Center for vision impaired services for the 2015/2016 school year.
• Approved the nonroutine use of a school bus by St. Michaels Church to Maria Stein on Sept. 23.
• Approved changes in the placement on the salary schedule for Jennifer Knouff as a result of advanced training: master’s degree plus 30 years, $68,155.
• Approved the employment of Angie Bolin, Julie Goldschmidt, Jordan Pleiman, Matt Pleiman, Laura Schmitmeyer, Amy Simon and Ellen Wehrman as mentor teachers in accordance with the pay scale adopted by the Board of Education for the 2015/2016 school year:
• Issued a one-year contract to Robert Hoying for the position of van/bus driver at the hourly rate of $16.63 with insurance benefits or $18.36 per hour without insurance benefits. Employment is contingent upon satisfactory completion of background check.
• Approved employment of Mary Hilgefort as substitute classified school bus/van driver for the 2015/2016 school year at the previously approved hourly rates of pay.
• Approved the issuance of supplemental contracts for the co-curricular activities or extended service for the 2015/2016 school year to Julie Goldschmidt and Michelle Poeppelman as AP instructors at $325.51 each and dual enrollment instructors at $488.27 each; Ryan Goldschmidt as volunteer Academia adviser and dual enrollment instructor at $488.27; Abby Lightle as dual enrollment instructor at $488.27; John Rodgers as a dual enrollment instructor at $488.26; Dennis Prenger and Laura Schmitmeyer as AP instructors at $325.51 each; Bryce Stewart as junior high football coach at $1,627; and Travis Pulfur as junior high football coordinator at $1,953.06. Pulfur had previously been approved as a junior high football coach in error.
• Approved Beth Brandewie, Paulette Meyer and Jill Poeppelman as volunteer cheerleading coaches, pending completion of a sports related first-aid course and satisfactory completion of a background check.
• Accepted three tuition students.
The next regular board meeting is scheduled for Sept. 21, at 7 p.m.
Reach the writer at 937-538-4824. Follow her on Twitter @PASpeelmanSDN.