BOTKINS — The Botkins Board of Education met last week for the final time this year.
Teachers recently received several grant from the chamber of commerce.
Those grants were:
• Lisa Kindelin, $345, Because of Winn Dixie (class set of books)
• Maria Westgerdes, $500, Technology in the First Grade Classroom (2 Ipads)
• Ashleigh Ratermann, $300, Bizmovie (real life business)
• Michele Meyer, $619.98, Literacy Learning Solutions (Various activities)
• Sybil Koenig and Heather Thaman, $540, Differentiating for Different Learners
The board also accepted a donation of $150 from Bonnie and Wayne Greve for the Jeff Roberts Scholarship fund and several anonymous donations in the amount of $975 received for the Power of the Pen.
The board also hired several staff members.
• Hailey Billing as the junior high girls and boys track coach.
• Jared Goubeaux as seasonal winter break help.
• Substitute teachers for the 2016-17 school year at a rate of $90 per day: Jamie Baumer, Adam Goes, Kaylee Hartrum, Tina Edwards, and Jennifer Fox.
• Ticket takers for winter sports: Susan Covelli, Ken Lemmon, Jody Trego, Josh Miller and Paul Buehler.
The board set their 2017 reorganizational meeting and the regular Board meeting for Wednesday, Jan. 11, 2017, at 6:30 p.m. and 7 p.m. respectively.
The board approved the treasurer’s report by fund, the Investment report, and cash balance report as presented.
Under unfinished business they accepted the proposal from Botkins Education Foundation to proceed with movement of scholarships to the foundation with review of each scholarships parameter and transferability.
They also approved:
• The Washington, D.C. trip for the Class of 2022 for Oct. 17 to 22, 2017.
• The Mary Ellen Geyer Foundation – STEM Scholarships for Women.
• Moved to accept the bid of $6587.75 for radio repeater, antenna and labor from P & R Communication Services.