HOUSTON — Hardin-Houston students will soon be riding in a new school bus following action by the Hardin-Houston Board of Education during its regular meeting Feb. 20.
The board approved the purchase of a 2017 84-passenger bus from Cardinal Bus Sales for $90,890.
In other action, the board:
• Accepted a donation by Lisa and Robert Earl of $4,017 to support the athletic department and of a concession stand tailer by New Bern Transport Corp.
• Approved the 2017-2018 school calendar.
• Accepted the resignation of Seth Clark as junior high boys track coach.
• Hired Jack Earl and Lisa Earl as junior high boys track coaches at a salary of $637.39 each.
• Hired Chase Foster as the junor varsity baseball coach at a salary of $1,593.46.
• Approved maternity leave for Abby Pleiman beginning March 20 and hired Deb Lear as her substitute teacher.
• Authorized the call for bids for a concession stand/restroom facility project.
• Approved the purchase of Xtec Partners Inc. surveillance software system and upgraded cameras.
• Went into executive session to prepare for bargaining sessions with employees.