MINSTER — The Minster Local Schools Board of Education joined several other area districts when it passed a resolution during its regular meeting, Monday, Oct. 30, to support Ohio Senate Bill 216.
The legislation would deregulate local schools.
In other business, the board:
• Approved a five-year forecast.
• Approved Neola updates.
• Hired Patricia Anspach and Elaine Brown as substitute cafeteria servers; Corrie Holthaus as a substitute cafeteria server, substitute secretary and substitute custodian; Don Patch as a substitute bus driver; Dane Sommer and Joe Borhnorst as assistant junior high boys basketball coaches; and Logan Pfiefer and Alex Clune as volunteer assistant swim coaches.
• Rescinded Ryan Geise’s contract for services as an assistant junior high boys basketball coach.
• Approved a four-hour, part-time secretary to assist in the junior-senior high school.
• Reclassified cafeteria servers as cook’s helpers.
• Granted a request by a current student to remain at Minster High School through the remainder of the student’s senior year.
• Accepted reports by the principals of the junior/senior and elementary schools, by the superintendent and by the school treasurer.