• Auglaize County Historical Society presents a Smithsonial Institution Traveling Exhibition, “World War I: Lessons and Legacies” at the White Memorial Library, 108 E. Wapakoneta St., Waynesfield through Wednesday. Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, 3 to 7:30 p.m.; Saturday, 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Free. 419-738-9328.
• Maria Stein Shrine of the Holy Relics, 2291 St. John’s Road, Maria Stein, exhibits the Halhotra Collection of art honoring Mother Teresa through December. Hours: Monday through Thursday, 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Sunday, noon to 4 p.m. Free. 419-925-4532.
• Shelby County Historical Society exhibits “Turmoil during the First Quarter of the 20th Century” in the Ross Historical Center, 201 N. Main Ave. The exhibit continues through Wednesday. Monday through Friday, 1 to 5 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m. to noon. Free. 498-1653.
• La Comedia Dinner Theatre, 765 W. Central Ave., Springboro, presents “Clue, the Musical” through Sunday. Tickets: $61-$75, includes dinner. Times vary. 800-677-9505.
• The Ohio Renaissance Festival runs Saturdays and Sundays through Sunday, from 10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. in the park at 10542 E. state Route 73, Waynesville. Food, entertainment, costumes, games, crafts. Admission: $23 adults, $9.50 children 5 to 12. 888-695-0888.
• Piqua Public Library, 116 W. High St., Piqua, exhibits the Ohio History Connection and National Afro-American Museum & Cultural Center’s traveling exhibit, “Freed Will: The Randolph Freedpeople from Slavery to Settlement, through Nov. 1. 973-773-6753.
• David Owsley Museum of Art at Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana, exhibits work by Edward Gorey, “Gorey’s Worlds,” which through Dec. 21. Hours: 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday; 1:30 to 4:30 p.m., Saturday and Sunday. Admission free. 765-285-5242.
• Troy-Hayner Cultural Center, 301 W. Main St., Troy, displays the Ohio Watercolor Society’s 2018 Juried Members Exhibition through Nov. 25. Free. 937-339-0457.
• Wild Goose Creative, 2491 Summit St., Columbus, exhibits “Consequences of Rust,” through Wednesday. 614-859-9453.
• Amos Memorial Public Library, 230 E. North St., exhibits Cuban art from Baracoa, Cuba, through Wednesday. Free.
• Columbus Museum of Art, 480 E. Broad St., Columbus, exhibits, “I, Too, Sing America: The Harlem Renaissance at 100,” through Jan. 20. Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Thursday, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. General admission: $14 adults; $8 seniors 60 and older, students 18 and older; $5 students 6-17 and everyone Thursdays from 5 to 9 p.m.; children 5 and under free. Special exhibits: Members free; nonmembers $6. 614-221-6801.
• Dayton Art Institute, 456 Belmonte Park N., Dayton, exhibits “Muse: Mickalene Thomas Photographs Tete-a-tete” adult art, through Jan. 13. Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Thursday, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Sunday, noon to 5 p.m. Admission: $14 adults, $11 seniors 60 and older, students 18 and older and active military; $6 children 7 to 17; children 6 and under free. 937-223-4278.
• Fairlawn Education Boosters present the Fairlawn Fall Festival from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the school, 18800 Johnston Road. Food, games, raffle.
• Amvets Post 1986, 1319 Fourth Ave., hosts a fish and chicken fry from 4 to 7 p.m. Dine in or carry out. Meals: $7.
• Edison Stagelight Players presents “Festival of Horror: An Evening with Edgar Allen Poe,” today, Saturday, Nov. 2-3 at 7:30 p.m. and Nov. 4 at 3 p.m. Tickets: $7 adults, $5 students at the door. Children under 5 not admitted. 937-7778-8600.
• L&L Dance Company presents the Haunted Studio from 7 p.m. to midnight today and Saturday at 15041 Wapak-Fisher Road, Wapakoneta. Tickets: $10.
• Capitol Square Review and Advisory Board presents Haunted Statehouse tours of the Ohio Statehouse on the half hour between 7 and 9 p.m. today and Saturday. Tickets: $12 adults, $6 children under 12, must be purchased in advance at 614-728-9234.
• Troy-Hayner Cultural Center, 301 W. Main St., Troy, presents Boo Bash 2018: Superhero Edition from 1 to 4 p.m. Games, crafts, refreshments, obstacle course, a performance of “Superhero School.” Free. 937-339-0457.
• Western Ohio Personal Safety/Firearm Training Group offers training to meet Ohio licensure to carry a concealed handgun, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the Clark County Sheriff’s Office, 120 N. Fountain Ave., Springfield. Advance registration required at 937-878-1467. Fee: $75 per student.
• Brukner Nature Center, 5995 Horseshoe Bend Road, Troy, presents Haunted Woods, a family-friendly night hike, from 6:30 to 8 p.m., today and Sunday. Guided night hike, live animals, face painting, games, storytelling, campfire, refreshments. Admission: $5 members, $7 nonmembers, children 2 and under free. 937-698-6493.
• Big Brothers Big Sisters of Shelby and Darke County screens “Ghostbusters” at 1 p.m. in the Historic Sidney Theatre, 120 W. Poplar St. Admission: Free.
• Darke County Singles Group hosts a Halloween party and dance from 8 to 11 p.m. in the VFW ballroom, 219 N. Ohio St., Greenville. Music by Road Kill. Sandwiches provided. Take snacks. Prizes for costumes. Admission: $6. 937-901-3969.
• National Museum of the U.S. Air Force, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Fairborn, hosts a Halloween-themed family day from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Activities for children and adults, storytime at 11:30 a.m. and 1:15 p.m., crafts, scavenger hunt, build and fly a ring glider from 1:30 to 3 p.m. Costumes encouraged. 937-255-4646. Free.
• Darke County Parks presents a talk, “On the Trail: Water Filtration,” at 1 p.m. in the Bish Discovery Center, 404 N. Ohio St., Greenville. Advance registration required at 937-548-0165. Free.
• The Ladies Willing Workers of Northtowne Church of God, 2008 Wapakoneta Ave., hosts its Harvest Luncheon and Craft/Vendor Show from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Admission free.
• Discovery Riders Inc. hosts a volunteer orientation and training session for people to who want to help others with disabilities learn to ride horses at 5850 state Route 292 S., Zanesfield. 937-935-6545.
• Legoland Discovery Center Columbus presents Brick or Treat, Halloween-themed activities for children 3 to 10, at 157 Easton Town Center, Columbus, from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. today and from noon to 6 p.m., Sunday. Tickets: $21 in advance at columbus.legolanddiscoverycenter.com; $24 at the door.
• Dedication ceremonies begin at 1 p.m. in Graceland Cemetery, Sidney, of a monument to Shelby County’s Gold Star families. Free.
• Sidney Haunted Woods, 2232 W. Russell Road, opens just after dark and runs until midnight. Admission: $11 adults, $8 children under 12 and military personnel, $10 first responders.
• Dayton Art Institute, 456 Belmonte Park N., Dayton, presents an Artventures program for families, “Tessellation Exploration,” from 1 to 3 p.m. Make a tessellation drawing. Fee: $10 per family of four members; $15 per family of four nonmembers; $2 each additional child. 937-223-4278.
• Connection Point Church of God, 1510 Campbell Road, presents a talk by Al and Lisa Robertson at 6 p.m. Tickets: $5 at the church through 3 p.m. Friday and at the door.
• Garbry Ridge Assisted Living, 1567 Garbry Roiad, Piqua, presents its Holiday Bazaar from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Crafts, food, vendors.
• Maplewood United Methodist Church, 21544 Maplewood Road, Maplewood, hosts its annual Soup Supper from 5 to 7 p.m. Donations accepted.
• Radio Maria hosts a brunch buffet from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Speedway Lanes, 455 N. Herman St., New Bremen. Meals: $9.99 adults; $5.99 children 3 to 10. Children 2 and under eat free.
• Trick-or-treating in New Bremen runs from 3:30 to 5 p.m.
• Trick-or-treating in Botkins runs from 1 to 2:30 p.m.
• Trick-or-treating in Jackson Center runs from 6 to 7 p.m.
• Trick-or-treating in Russia runs from 2 to 3:30 p.m.
• Trick-or-treating in McCartyville runs from 1 to 3 p.m.
• Trick-or-treating in Versailles runs from 2 to 4 p.m.
• New Knoxville Historical Society, 107 E. German St., New Knoxville, hosts an open house from 1 to 4 p.m. Free.
• Dayton Art Institute, 456 Belmonte Park N., Dayton, presents a Spook-Tacular Halloween Organ Concert at 3 p.m. Admission: Members free; nonmembers, free with museum admission. 937-223-4278.
• Edison State Community College, 1973 Edison Drive, Piqua, presents a talk by author Margaret Wrinkle at 10:30 a.m. in the Robinson Theater. Free. firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Darke County Parks hosts Project FeederWatch, bird-watching, from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. today and 3 to 5 p.m., Wednesday in the Nature Center, 4267 state Route 502, Greenville. Take binoculars. Free.
• New Bremen Public Library offers story time for children up to first grade at 6:30 p.m. 419-629-2158.
• Stallo Memorial Library in Minster hosts story time at 10:30 a.m.
• The Rotary Clubs of New Bremen, New Knoxville and St. Mary’s present a political debate between Janet Garrett and Rep. Jim Jordan, R.-Urbana, 4th District, in the New Bremen American Legion hall, 6458 state Route 66, New Bremen, at 5:45 p.m. Free.
• Troy-hayner Cultural Center, 301 W. Main St., Troy, presents The Sopranos in concert at 7:30 p.m. Free. www.TroyHayner.org.
• Grace Baptist Church, 137 W. Edgewood, hosts Trunk or Treat from 6 to 7:30 p.m. 492-9061.
• Trick-or-treating in Tawawa, Port Jefferson and Sidney is from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
• Amvets Post 1986, 1319 Fourth Ave., hosts wing night from 4 to 7 p.m. Dine in wings, 60 cents each; carry out wings 70 cents each.
• New Bremen Public Library offers story time for children up to first grade at 10:30 a.m.
• La Comedia Dinner Theatre, 765 W. Central Ave., Springboro, presents “Irving Berlin’s White Christmas” through Dec. 31. Tickets: $61-$75, includes dinner. Times vary. 800-677-9505.
• Woodland Cemetery and Arboretum presents a talk, “History, Mystery, Murder and Mayhem,” at teh Kettering-Moraine Branch of the Dayton Metro Library, 3496 Far Hills AVe., at 4 p.m. Free. 937-463-2665.
Compiled by Patricia Ann Speelman. Submit event notices to email@example.com.