HOUSTON — A new intervenion specialist was hired by the Hardin-Houston Local School District Board of Education Monday, May 16.
Caleb Fledderjohann was hired for the 2022-23 school year. He was also awarded a supplemental contract to be the new boys varsity basketball coach.
One-year supplemental contracts for the 2022-23 school year were approved for Janelle Hillard, seventh-grade volleyball; Lauren Vagedes, elementary volleyball coordinator; Steve Mowery, freshman boys basketball; Brian Gillespie, varsity girls basketball; Tammy Vondenhuevel, varsity assistant girls basketball; Matt Phyillaier, junior varsity girls basketball; Kim Voisard, high school cheerleading adviser; Jonna Raffel, junior high cheerleading adviser; Jill York, yearbook adviser; Jill York, fall play director; Jill York, spring play director; Emily Barga, Pep band director; Stephanie Merickel, high school Student Council; Katy Koverman, elementary Student Council; Cara Kellersmith, elementary Student Council; Scott Bayless, Academia adviser; Jenni Paulus, LPDC representative; Jonna Raffel, Power of the Pen grade 8; Jenni Paulus, Power of the Pen grade 7; Andrea Wintrow, Just Write; Stephanie Merickel, National Honor Society adviser; Tina Mertz, Junior Class adviser; Gina Maier, Junior Class adviser; Cara Kellersmith, Environmental Awareness Club adviser; Janet McClurg, Performing Arts Club adviser; Danielle Poeppleman Phillip Abbott, Honor Society adviser; Deanna Chappie, Spanish Circle; Samantha Stephens, elementary musical; and Tina Mertz, faculty manager.
The board approved two donations: a $5,000 anonymous donation for the Athletic Fund; and a $1,000 donation from Mammoth Restoration for National Honor Society/Spanish Circle.
In other business, the board:
• Approved payment-in-lieu of transportation rate of the 2021-22 school year at $800.
• Approved the classified salary schedule for the 2022-23 contract year.
• Approved service agreements with the Midwest Regional ESC for the 2022-23 school year: Special Education Supervision Services Title IX Coordinator Services; Technology Teacher CPI Training Services; Instructional Assistant Behavior Specialist Services; and Gifted Intervention Specialist
• Approved May 31-June 13, 2022, for elementary summer school classes.
• Approved staff members for summer school: teachers Jane Borchers and Teresa Knouff, $25 per hour; and aide Stephanie Duncum, $20 per hour.
• Approved summer camps and overnight out of state trip for students: youth volleyball, May 23-26, 5:30-7 p.m.; high school volleyball, June 13-15, 9:30 a.m.–1:30 p.m.; boys basketball, June 20-22, 9-11 a.m.; girls basketball, June 6-9, 9-11 a.m.; FFA Camp, June 20-23; FCCLA National Conference, June 29 – July 4.
• Approved Brian Helman, seventh-grade volunteer boys basketball coach.
• Accepted the resignation of Donald Hecht III, as assistant maintenance, effective May 9, 2022.
• Accepted the resignation of teacher Kara Smith, effective at the conclusion of the 2021-22 school year.
• Accepted the resignation of teacher Haley Meyer, effective at the conclusion of the 2021-22 school year.
• Accepted the resignation of Coach Ron Boeke, as varsity boys track coach and co-ed indoor track coach at the conclusion of the 2021-22 contract year.
• Accepted the resignation of Scott Branscum as a regular route bus driver effective at the end of the 2021-22 contract year.
• Accepted the resignation of teacher Kevin Brackman effective at the conclusion of the 2021-22 contract year.
• Employed David Hall as a K-12 Intervention Specialist for the 2022-23 school year.
• Employed Holly Heitman as a floating substitute/educational aide for the 2022-23 school year.
• Accepted the resignation of educational aide Stephanie Duncum for the 2022-23 school year, and employed her as a floating substitute/educational Aide for the 2022-23 school year.
• Accepted the resignation of educational aide Jennifer Turner for the 2022-2023 school year, and employed her as a floating substitute/educational aide for the 2022-2023 school year.
• Approved the pay rate for mowing /outdoor grounds at $14 per hour.
• Approved the updated certified substitute list provided by the Midwest Regional ESC.
• Approved Juneteenth as a paid holiday for all 11 and 12 month district employees.
• Approved the Memorandum of Understanding with Catholic Social Services of the Miami Valley for school-based counseling services for the 2022-23 and 2023-24 school years.
• Approved the Memorandum of Understanding with Catholic Social Services of the Miami Valley for summer counseling.
• Approved the contract for health services with the Sidney-Shelby County Board of Health for the 2022-23 school year.
• Approved Alayna Lewis as an early graduate.
• Adjourned to executive session to consider the appointment, employment, dismissal, discipline, promotion or compensation of an employee or the investigation of charges against the employee official, licensee, or student unless the employee, official, licensee, or student requests a public hearing.
The next board meeting is scheduled for Monday, June 20, 2022, at 7 p.m. in the media center.