ZANESVILLE – The Ohio Forestry Association Foundation will open its grant application window on Friday, Sept. 15, 2023. These grants will generally be small-scale and are designed to assist an organization in a conservation education project, with a maximum individual grant amount of $2,500. Applications will be accepted between Sept. 15 and Oct. 13, with grant awards being selected and announced by Dec. 1 for funding to be used in the following calendar year. See complete details of the grant program, including application details and directions or see the printable application.
Examples of past grant recipients include:
• $1,000 to help fund the purchase of a Portable Sawmill for a Natural Resource Class at a Career Center
• $1,000 to sponsor a Forestry Station at a State Envirothon
• $1,000 to help fund an Educational Trip for College Forestry Students
• $1,500 to sponsor a 4-H Woodworking Day at the State Fair
• $1,750 to fund forestry programming at an Environmental Learning Center
• $2,000 to purchase basic forester equipment for youth education
• $2,500 to help fund the Best Management Practices for Logging Manual
The Ohio Forestry Association Foundation is a charitable, non-profit organization working to promote conservation education and critical awareness of the importance of forest resources to our environment and economy. Our mission is focused on providing financial, educational, and technical resources to individuals and organizations throughout Ohio. Learn more at www.ohioforest.org/page/Foundation.