Community

Welcome to Sidney

City of Sidney employees Rodd Elliott, left, and Jeremy Dirt, both of Sidney, install a newly refurbished “Welcome to the City of Sidney” sign.

Senior spotlight

Gregg Nead from Piqua has been a member of the Senior Center of Sidney-Shelby County since October 2019. “I love to play pickleball and the people here are great. I like the fitness room and I have a lot of fun no matter what I am doing, I just come in and enjoy the center!”

It’s for the birds

Jordan Slayton, 4, of Yorkshire, spreads peanut butter onto a pinecone while making a bird feeder.

Celebrating 25 years of history

Shelby County Historical Society Director Tilda Phlipot, right, talks with city of Sidney Council Member Mardie Milligan, at the Ross Historical Center on Thursday, Jan. 25.

Rain keeps things wet

Water covers parts of a trail at Tawawa Park as a light fog lingers on the morning of Wednesday, Jan. 24.

Community calendar

ONGOING

Waiting in the rain

Auguste Jackson, left, 10, waits for her carpool ride to school, while her mom, Stacy Jackson, both of Sidney, keeps her dry with an umbrella.

SCHS director celebrates 25 years

By Jane Bailey

Picture perfect snow

Snow covers the covered bridge and surrounding trees at Tawawa Park on Friday, Jan. 19.

Oblivious to the snow

General Isaac Shelby stands resolute as snow piles up on his head. Snow fell through much of Friday, Jan. 19 causing schools to cancel classes.

Weather

Sidney
broken clouds
65.5 ° F
66.4 °
64 °
85 %
4.7mph
82 %
Sun
76 °
Mon